Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I just called Dewsbury Auto Salvage (West Yorkshire) to get a quote for an electric cooling fan for my 1990 LS400. (Due to its age it only has one instead of the usual two, and I'd like to improve the air-con's performance with extra cooling to he condenser.)

A very curt and ignorant man, with obviously no knowledge of these cars snapped that the 1991 model listed on their site "had been sold" and, after demanding to know the plate letter (H), did not give me the chance to explain that a fan from an even later model (of which they listed several) might fit. Clearly not interested in being helpful, he then hung up!

Let's just say that customer focus isn't their strong point....

So, I'm still looking for a passenger-side fan to sit in front of the rad, next to the one that's already there. Any help gratefully received.

My turn now

Foreign Car Spares (FCS) Birmingham

I used http://www.247spares.co.uk/partrequest to find a supplier of a brake caliper

FCS were the first to respond out of 4, so I paid £47 on Tuesday, 20th July, for the caliper with 2-3 days delivery.

I would have prefered overnight, but reconed they were the quickest to respond, so therefore efficient, and it may arrive in 2 days.

Didn't worry about it Wednesday, Thought it might come Thursday, it didn't, and phoned on Friday when it also didn't come, to find out it hadn't even been shipped, because

" It was on the shelf, but we had to take it back to the car to make sure it was the right part"

So they said they would ship it Saturday, to arrive Monday, but it didn't

So I phoned Monday (today) to get the tracking number, they said they would phone back with it, but didn't, So I phoned again,

to get put on hold for 12 minutes, hung up and phoned again, to be told it hadn't been shipped, but was now going on the truck as we spoke, to arrive Tuesday.

To be fair, they were always polite and efficient sounding, and obviously have a computer system to track orders

I'll see what happens tomorrow....

Did neither of you try contacting benfur (Maurice) he normally has a good selection of used LS spares all delivered fast and at a good price.

Absolutely, Maurice is always my first choice for parts, good prices, nice guy, in this case, he didn't have one

My turn now

Foreign Car Spares (FCS) Birmingham

I used http://www.247spares.co.uk/partrequest to find a supplier of a brake caliper

FCS were the first to respond out of 4, so I paid £47 on Tuesday, 20th July, for the caliper with 2-3 days delivery.

I would have prefered overnight, but reconed they were the quickest to respond, so therefore efficient, and it may arrive in 2 days.

Didn't worry about it Wednesday, Thought it might come Thursday, it didn't, and phoned on Friday when it also didn't come, to find out it hadn't even been shipped, because

" It was on the shelf, but we had to take it back to the car to make sure it was the right part"

So they said they would ship it Saturday, to arrive Monday, but it didn't

So I phoned Monday (today) to get the tracking number, they said they would phone back with it, but didn't, So I phoned again,

to get put on hold for 12 minutes, hung up and phoned again, to be told it hadn't been shipped, but was now going on the truck as we spoke, to arrive Tuesday.

To be fair, they were always polite and efficient sounding, and obviously have a computer system to track orders

I'll see what happens tomorrow....

The part actually arrived today, and, true to form, it was the wrong part. My '92 has some 91 parts, I think.

Not only that, but the caliper bracket had a frozen pin, the problem I am trying to overcome.

Managed to eventually beat the old broken pin out of my own bracket, and will utilize a pin and rubber gaiter of the "new" part.

Some jobs go easy, and some don't.

I saw the title of this (A Very Rude Man), and my first respose was, "But we`ve never met, how did you know!".

I find the people at car breakers to be a bit shall we say, down to earth, maybe even a bit on the easy of the mind sort in the main...

My local breakers (Roger Windley at Tattersall, bless em) never ever have the part in that you want, if you enquire over the phone.

However if you actually go there, the part is on the shelf in front of you.

I used to enjoy rooting around at the breakers yards to find bits for my old Fords, but now the dreaded Health and Safety wombles have messed that one up.

dewsbury auto salvage know them well be sure you get right part because they only give credit back on another part and no refund

I didn't know that was legal,I thought as a business the distance selling regulations mean you can change your mind within 14 days and ask for a refund,it is up to the seller to collect the item or am I completely wrong here.

dewsbury auto salvage know them well be sure you get right part because they only give credit back on another part and no refund

I didn't know that was legal,I thought as a business the distance selling regulations mean you can change your mind within 14 days and ask for a refund,it is up to the seller to collect the item or am I completely wrong here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links