Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Options List For Is200

hi everyone can anybody help me i'm trying to find the options list for a 99 is200 sport. I'm in the middle of fighting with my insurance company after writing the car off thanks to a deer! anyway my car had the areo2 kit plus a few other extras when it was new and even though the areo models tend to fetch £500-£1200 more than the standard models i need all the amunation i can get. cheers

There were no options on the IS200 Sport except satnav, the bodykit was an accessory part, not an optional extra.

so how can i find out how much the kit cost on the car new?

It's going to be hard unless someone has a 1999 accessory price list (perhaps Lexus GB might be able to help you?)

When I bought my car in 2002 it was in the region of £2-3k when you also added the painting and fitting. I doubt the price new is that relevant though in your case, what you need to do is find as many examples of cars for sale with a similar spec to yours (at least 3) with as high prices as you can find, that's all the ammunition you need to simply say this is how much I need if I'm going to be able to buy a similar car :)

hi everyone can anybody help me i'm trying to find the options list for a 99 is200 sport. I'm in the middle of fighting with my insurance company after writing the car off thanks to a deer! anyway my car had the areo2 kit plus a few other extras when it was new and even though the areo models tend to fetch £500-£1200 more than the standard models i need all the amunation i can get. cheers

hi,sorry about the accident,has your insurance company made you an offer yet?how badly damaged is the car?have they offered you the option to buy it back?.Several factors determine how much your insurance company will offer you and these include amongst others age and condition of car,milage,and market value.Had a 2002 sports which cost me £7000 when i bought with 49,000mls on the clock,got written off 2 years later with 61,500.I got offered £5800(however car was in mint condtion).Not sure the options list will make any difference as the only optional extra was the sat nav, all others were accessories.You just might have to bargain hard with them??refuse their first offer or look at other possibilities i.e buyin the car off the insurance company.Hope this helps.

last friday they called me up and offered me £3100 which i knocked back telling the guy the cheapest car with simlar spec, condition, age and mileage was £4000. i then sent them an email with 15 examples of cars for sale ranging from £4000-£6000. spoke the guy yesterday and he tells me the car has non standard mods (the areo body kit)! he said ill hear from him on friday with the final offer on the car but its upto the underwriters if they pay up because i didnt fess up to the body kit. i told him if i had known i had to i would have but it was fitted to the car by Lexus before it left the factory therefore i didnt see the problem. :crybaby::crybaby:

it was fitted to the car by Lexus before it left the factory therefore i didnt see the problem. :crybaby::crybaby:

Unfortunately none of the bodykits were fitted to the car at the factory, even when the styling kit was introduced and you could order it as part of the car, it still wasn't fitted at the factory - the car's would arrive and then they were fitted in the UK before delivery to dealers.

I really hope you get a decent result though, would be really harsh if they denied cover based on that. Perhaps you could try and get your dealer or Lexus GB to help by at least saying they aren't aftermarket parts and genuine Lexus.