Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Fuel Consumption Whats The Average

Folks,

I managed 31.2mpg at the last fill up. This combined some stop-start commuting, a steady run to Gatwick (~200 miles round trip) and, as I've only had the car a couple of weeks, some serious pasty: the definition of 'combined'...

The one thing I have noticed, though, is that the analogue mpg gauge is the most powerful deterrent to speeding I can think of. I'm not bothered that they're scrapping speed cameras now - with petrol at >115p/L, that little white dial has become an obsession. The only problem is that I'll probably end up crashing into someone because I spend so much time with my head in the dash...

I'm doing a 700 mile round trip this weekend, entirely motorway. I think I'll hoof it up on Friday (enthusiastic driving) and take it steady back on Sunday (Partridge driving) and compare the two! When I tried this with my 1.8 Mondeo I got 32mpg when I ragged it, and only 33mpg taking it steady - I know, it doesn't make sense!

i get 20mpg and if am lucky its 25mpg max. but its a lovely car to drive so the fuel consumption does not bother me that much, only wish it had a bit more buzzz to it when you put your foot down. my next car will be a bigger engine such as a bmw 330 convertible, x5 3 lire.... something along those lines anyway. so the lexus has got me use to low mpg lol

To be honest i think people who are getting bad fuel consumption have either a faulty car or a big heavy right foot!

I read all the reviews on the IS200 which said poor fuel etc and i think they are all written by Hugo faster!!!

I am a car dealer and have been running a 2004 54p IS200 se,i live in the country side and do about 1000 miles a week going to auctions and running the kids to football,Horse riding etc so alot of mixed driving and i am getting 32+mpg running around never worked out lower and recently i had a run to Manchester on the M62 70-80mph all the way and i worked it out at 38 mpg.

The car is no worse than any other of its type

In the last week i have put £40 worth of petrol in at £113.9 at Asda and i have done 250 miles and the light hasnt come on yet and it was on before i put it in for about 20 miles

Just interested as to what the average is amoungst you guy's

I tank my car with Shell V power and get 350 to 420 miles...depending on how hard I drive.

If I do drive fast then I only see 350 odd...If i'm good I can get 400 ave.

Note:

I always drive with the traction off,

Tyre psi at 35-40,

I don't carry any unnecessary weight,

I put injector cleaner into me tank every few months,

I have replaced std air filter with a K&N one,

I only use shell V-power if I can help it.

Asda's petrol is not good..don't use it.

Nor use BP, tesco or any other supermarket chain's.

The std 95 octane bp fuel is 1.24 and V power,98 or 99 octane is near the same per ltr.

I only recommend Shell or esso...but you have to weigh the cost to the type of petrol you are getting.

Your style of driving plays a big part in it too.

I have been testing the same route to work with £20.00 pertol

Same type of driving...10 miles after the light goes on I record the mileage.

BP high octane 128.4 miles

BP std 113.1 miles

Tesco std 112.7 miles

Total high octane 123.8 miles

Total std 107.0 miles

Esso high octane 186.3 miles

Esso std 157.2 miles

Shell V power 212.8 miles

Shell std 191.6 miles

Route includes, M4 motor way, country lanes, A roads, B roads, speed humps and stop start traffic.

To be honest i think people who are getting bad fuel consumption have either a faulty car or a big heavy right foot!

I read all the reviews on the IS200 which said poor fuel etc and i think they are all written by Hugo faster!!!

I am a car dealer and have been running a 2004 54p IS200 se,i live in the country side and do about 1000 miles a week going to auctions and running the kids to football,Horse riding etc so alot of mixed driving and i am getting 32+mpg running around never worked out lower and recently i had a run to Manchester on the M62 70-80mph all the way and i worked it out at 38 mpg.

The car is no worse than any other of its type

In the last week i have put £40 worth of petrol in at £113.9 at Asda and i have done 250 miles and the light hasnt come on yet and it was on before i put it in for about 20 miles

Just interested as to what the average is amoungst you guy's

I tank my car with Shell V power and get 350 to 420 miles...depending on how hard I drive.

If I do drive fast then I only see 350 odd...If i'm good I can get 400 ave.

Note:

I always drive with the traction off,

Tyre psi at 35-40,

I don't carry any unnecessary weight,

I put injector cleaner into me tank every few months,

I have replaced std air filter with a K&N one,

I only use shell V-power if I can help it.

Asda's petrol is not good..don't use it.

Nor use BP, tesco or any other supermarket chain's.

The std 95 octane bp fuel is 1.24 and V power,98 or 99 octane is near the same per ltr.

I only recommend Shell or esso...but you have to weigh the cost to the type of petrol you are getting.

Your style of driving plays a big part in it too.

I have been testing the same route to work with £20.00 pertol

Same type of driving...10 miles after the light goes on I record the mileage.

BP high octane 128.4 miles

BP std 113.1 miles

Tesco std 112.7 miles

Total high octane 123.8 miles

Total std 107.0 miles

Esso high octane 186.3 miles

Esso std 157.2 miles

Shell V power 212.8 miles

Shell std 191.6 miles

Route includes, M4 motor way, country lanes, A roads, B roads, speed humps and stop start traffic.

if you are using vpower you will not need to use a injector cleaner as the vpower cleans too.

I tend to get about 28 MPG but I have found that Shell's new Fuel Save does actually have a positive impact. Worth looking into guys!

That is surprising, because even Shell only suggest it can improve mpg by up to 1.4% - which is hard to measure.

I put £20 worth of BP standard fuel in today at 116.9 ltr and got 136.4 miles without trying really,the only thing i notice that i hate about the IS200 is if you show it a hill they are as flat as a kipper and hard work to drive unless you boot them to the top of the rev range.

Last time i had to change down 3 gears on a hill to overtake a truck from 40mph it was in a 1.8 petrol Freelander.

I would hate to think i lived in the Moors somewhere

Recently bought my '02' IS200SE. 40k with FSH. Filled the tank to the neck. The fuel warning light came on at 448 miles. Refilled to the neck again and calculated 35.5 mpg. I was about 75% motorway 65-75mph. I am not too heavy with the right foot and rarely take it to 5k revs.

• 3 years later...

Well I have recently bought an IS200 Sport 2001, major step down from Mitsubishi GTO 3l Twin Turbo but love the drive and fuel economy is superb compared to the old girl. I get around 25/gal. No way near as quick, obviously but love the drive, so personally not finding the economy a problem, not brilliant but all the same better.

Mind you tax @ £150 for 6 months was a shock, the GTO was £120 for 6 months and that just spat pure fuel out the back I swear.

Anyway I'm new to the forum and look forward to speaking to you all im sure theres plenty of helpful peoples on here

Darren

Edited by dashellis

Well I've never calculated it but I bought the car for her indoors to replace the BMW 316iSE which got trashed by a hail storm (peach size hail). Fuel consumption seems pretty similar to the bmer. No complaints.

In fact I love it so much I'm contemplating getting rid of my 3.7V6 Jeep for an IS in Abu Dhabi (workplace).

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Oh you lot...it's cheap to own and maintain, its reliable etc...look at your total cost of ownership not 0.0001 mpg...mine has been languishing for 3 weeks ex Battery, and gets reconnected today for some serious ECU programming...foot down !

Oh you lot...it's cheap to own and maintain, its reliable etc...look at your total cost of ownership not 0.0001 mpg...mine has been languishing for 3 weeks ex battery, and gets reconnected today for some serious ECU programming...foot down !

Have to agree, If I am honest I have no idea what the mpg is and dont care. I do run it on V Power as it does pick up better using that and I just love the car. Despite it being 10 years old now it is still the best car I have ever owned and wont be changing for many years to come. If you buy a car for MPG, there are plenty around that will give you 60+ but I bet you wont enjoy owning one anywhere near as much as the 200. I work with people who spend more on smoking than i do running may car so what is a little mpg for the enjoyment I get.

• 6 years later...

Tesco 95, £67 full tank. 435 miles. This was the result from the last time I filled up. Sometimes I get 320 miles. It just depends on where I'm driving for that month. Long trips at 60-70mph will undoubtedly give better results. Staying under 70mph on motorway runs definitely helps.

30mpg was my magic figure for my commute.  As mentioned above, keeping it up to 70mph on the motorway gave decent consumption; any quicker and consumption increased quite drastically.

From memory, the engine sat at almost 3000rpm at 70mph on 6th gear, which certainly did not help with the economy. I remember driving it at Vmax on the Autobahn and was achieving <10mpg lol. 

IMG-20170422-WA0002.jpg