Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking Tickets

Rory

I got one today, altho I was under the impression that lets say you park your car in a pay and display, and haven't got change for the ticket, u have a little lee-way to grab change from somewhere, and i'd heard that if a traffic warden sees a car without a pay and display ticket, they have to wait a certain amount of time before issuing a fine? can anyone confirm??

it was a council parking ticket, not a police one or private one

if I can appeal I will but its only £25 if I can't, thought i'd check first cos £25 would look better in my fuel tank

I got one today, altho I was under the impression that lets say you park your car in a pay and display, and haven't got change for the ticket, u have a little lee-way to grab change from somewhere, and i'd heard that if a traffic warden sees a car without a pay and display ticket, they have to wait a certain amount of time before issuing a fine? can anyone confirm??

if I can appeal I will but its only £25 if I can't, thought i'd check first cos £25 would look better in my fuel tank

Hi yes you are definitley allowed a period of time to get change im not to sure how long but its at least 5 mins and this is the case in a council carpark

Hi yes you are definitley allowed a period of time to get change im not to sure how long but its at least 5 mins and this is the case in a council carpark

Try a website called pepipoo thats about help in these matters

• 10 months later...

Yes, it's really frustrating.

You should be informed about our rights.

I read this article and i wanted to share: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargains-and-rip-offs/money-saving-ideas/article.html?in_article_id=518698&in_page_id=512. How to fight your parking ticket...

thanks for that, altho it was nearly a year ago :winky: I now know there is no lee-way to get change, only time to go from your car to the meter to get a ticket

Could you have hung around and get the used ticket from the next person to leave? I often wonder if that would work - I expect 'they' would be on to that one - keeping watch?

I think that's why they take pictures now - but may have a chance of working I suppose. They'd argue that the ticket wasn't in full view so your word against theirs, not sure how it would turn out.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links