Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Actually I have noticed that the IS has high depreciation. There are alot of them out there under 10K quids, and really very depressed to see it loosing its value. :crybaby:

I saw the latest Glasses guide valuation for mine... dropped £700 from last month!!! :tsktsk:

Could be because dealers expect a surge of trade ins for September registrations. Too much stock.

Word of warning to IS220/250 owners. 12 months after the IS200/300 went, Lexus dealers simply didn't want any IS200's unless they were trade ins. In other words unless your next car is going to be another Lexus, I would sell it before the model comes along.

Here is an example of how all cars are currently depreciating

08 08 IS250SE AUTO trade price £14500 New list price £27272

08 08 BMW 325ISE AUTO trade price £16350 New list price £29770

08 08 Merc C280 Auto Avantgarde SE trade price £12075 New list £28807

08 08 Audi 2.0T SLine trade price £17675 new list £27475

All these numbers are taken from August 2010 Glass's guide. Don't forget that the IS would have come with more standard specification so the list price of the other cars would have been higher.

The Lexus is good value for money and is by no means the worst when it comes to residual value.

The market has completely changed in the last 3 months and used car values are sliding. Cars are becoming hard to sell and as a result prices have to come down. Contrast this to a year ago when demand for cars outstripped supply so prices incresed each month.

You make a valid point about the list price and actual price on Mercs, BMW, Audi. The options on them can be difficult to resist and be very expensive indeed. £5K can be easily rung up to equal a Lexus spec.