Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Source For A Replacement Wing Mirror 1996 Ls400

Hi. New on here, and looking for some advice on sourcing a n/s wing mirror glass for my 1996 LS400. I've had a search of the archive, which unfortunately, didn't throw up any obvious answers.

I've found one seller on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-LS400-1995-2000-CONVEX-HEATED-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-/330456098741?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf0b7e7b5) but when I read the advert, I didn't gain any confidence that these mirrors would be heated, let alone have the dimming for night driving.

If I've got to go back to a main agent for the part, so be it, but I guess I'm looking at a fair amount of cash for an original. Is there a pattern part available or a Toyota part which would suit? Any pointers very welcome.

Peter.

Hi. New on here, and looking for some advice on sourcing a n/s wing mirror glass for my 1996 LS400. I've had a search of the archive, which unfortunately, didn't throw up any obvious answers.

I've found one seller on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-LS400-1995-2000-CONVEX-HEATED-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-/330456098741?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf0b7e7b5) but when I read the advert, I didn't gain any confidence that these mirrors would be heated, let alone have the dimming for night driving.

If I've got to go back to a main agent for the part, so be it, but I guess I'm looking at a fair amount of cash for an original. Is there a pattern part available or a Toyota part which would suit? Any pointers very welcome.

Peter.

After looking for 6 months for an offside wing mirror for my Mk4 I gave up and went to Lexus. The problem I found was getting one with the right tint (green in my cars case, different colour cars have different tints as far as I know) and heated. I did find a non tint, non heated one on eBay for £35 and I guess if I bought the nearside one aswell then at least the mirrors would match, but obviously wouldn't be heated. Benfur from this site had one for £60 but was it the wrong tint. There are complete mirror units available on eBay as sellers rarely want to sell the mirror on its own and they are around £50. Lexus charged me £240!!!! but did fit it for free and valet the car. Good luck...

PS the ones you have looked at on eBay are to stick over the existing broken mirror, I had one, not heated and they look crap. Really let my car down hence finally shelling out at Lexus.

I've found one seller on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-LS400-1995-2000-CONVEX-HEATED-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-/330456098741?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf0b7e7b5) but when I read the advert, I didn't gain any confidence that these mirrors would be heated, let alone have the dimming for night driving.

Peter.

Hi Peter, as david says, our fellow member Benfur is a useful source and 1st point of call. You can also try http://www.247spares.co.uk/?home=3