Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chrome 'l' Badge For The Steering Wheel

Hi guys, just as the title says.

Ok so just incase people arnt aware of breakers and parts you can get, basically i went to a website called www.1stchoice.co.uk and it is a fantastic website that sends your request(s) to about 240 car breakers accross the country and then you get quotes sent back to you.

I have come accross 6 x lots of full sets of 18" areo Sport alloys ranging from £350-420 Inc VAT + p&p (if you really want them within 48hrs its a good price to pay imo).

But to get back to my point, i sent my request for the 'L' badge from the plastic panel in the engine bay as i want to put it on my steering wheel and i do not want to pick the one thats already on the engine panel off.

This is not a Lexus part and you cannot get them anywhere bar these types of places. I got a quote within 2hrs and it is £25 inc VAT + p&p and he said there was 6 x IS200's so that makes 5 left from Jap Car Breakers Ltd (Birmingham). This is a great mod that i have seen but if your very picky like me then this is the best way to get a spare and keep everything looking good :)

Hope this can help someone :)

i didnt like my one i got for £1 from bridges once it was on anyway tbh - £25 is way way too much for a centre l badge that doesnt quite seat properly although could be trimmed down

i didnt like my one i got for £1 from bridges once it was on anyway tbh - £25 is way way too much for a centre l badge that doesnt quite seat properly although could be trimmed down

:crybaby: Oh my, live and learn i guess. I will make it fit correctly but ok should of perhaps done a wee bit more research before commiting to that purchase.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Lexus badge on an IS300 engine cover is the same size as an IS200 airbox?

I ask because the badge on the IS300 is available to buy seperately :)

Andy

Yes I remember Patrik saying the badge off the airbox needs to be trimmed down slightly to make it fit properly.

Now that is very interesting information, do you know how large it is? Rory any chance you could measure the size of the logo on the airbox?

How much is it, if it's not too expensive I might be willing to try this out and see if it works :winky:

Yes I remember Patrik saying the badge off the airbox needs to be trimmed down slightly to make it fit properly.

Now that is very interesting information, do you know how large it is? Rory any chance you could measure the size of the logo on the airbox?

How much is it, if it's not too expensive I might be willing to try this out and see if it works :winky:

The badge is £5.68 + vat retail :)

So it will be interesting to see how big this is ;)

And it is not used on any other Lexus.

Andy

The badge is £5.68 + vat retail :)

So it will be interesting to see how big this is ;)

And it is not used on any other Lexus.

Andy

Well the price is good, but looking at pictures of IS300 engine bays on google the logo does look quite large.........can't find the original thread but thinking about it I do vaguely remember someone with an IS300 saying they couldn't do it........

Hopefully an IS300 owner can confirm this :)

Ian,

of cos £25 for a shiney is ok if you consider 400 for a set of second hand 18" is cheap.

I take you don't work for any of them LOL

Felix

lol :P

I only consider £400 cheap for them if you must have them right now sort of feeling.

I did get a Mk2 7" sat nav for the is200 for £89, now surely i got a bargain there? :D

no its a much bigger badge on the 300 from what I recall, I could stop being lazy and check tho...

74mm across by 54mm top to bottom

Wow that one's massive then, looks like the airbox one is the only way then :)

no its a much bigger badge on the 300 from what I recall, I could stop being lazy and check tho...

74mm across by 54mm top to bottom

Wow that one's massive then, looks like the airbox one is the only way then :)

I feel slightly better now lol

Anyone concerned that this is where the airbag deploys on the steering wheel, could be the reason why it is as it is.