Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Charges

I am due to have an annual service and MOT on my 55 plate RX400h by the local Lexus dealer who supplied the car. It has 26,000 miles on the clock and goes like a dream. I am interested to hear what service charges other 400h owners are finding around the country? Did you try to negotiate any price reductions? What hidden problems did the dealer try to tell you about your car? Do all dealers work to pre-set service price arrangement, or charge as much as they can?

Have you run a forum search? :)

Different dealers calculate labour rates differently and have different unit costs so prices do vary. Always haggle on price, no mater what they quote. Also phone round a couple of dealers and don't be afraid to play one off against the other.

Have you run a forum search? :)

Different dealers calculate labour rates differently and have different unit costs so prices do vary. Always haggle on price, no mater what they quote. Also phone round a couple of dealers and don't be afraid to play one off against the other.

Yes, I have been through the forum search. Most discuss the service plan which I do not know anything about. As I bought my 400 second hand from Lexus in Cheltenham, maybe it does not qualify. I will ask the service manager. As I intend to keep the car until it or I fall to bits, it might be a good long term prospect!

Yes, I have been through the forum search. Most discuss the service plan which I do not know anything about.

Then you should have come across Lexus Hanley who offer the lowest Service prices around. if you want to know how well the quote your local dealer has given you, compare them to Lexus Hanley :)

As for the service package, you have to play around with different services and combinations to determine which work out cost effective. Be creative, play around with the variables to find the best mix. Just make sure that if you do opt for a service plan, it is a Lexus GB one and not a Dealer one. With the Lexus GB one you can go to any Lexus dealership while dealer one locks you to that dealer group...and any individual dealer can go bust.

I have written in great details about service plans and my experiences of using them - hopefully you should find those posts/experiences useful.

Oh and just because you bought your vehicle second hand, does not preclude you from buying a Lexus Service Plan :)

Yes, I have been through the forum search. Most discuss the service plan which I do not know anything about.

Then you should have come across Lexus Hanley who offer the lowest Service prices around. if you want to know how well the quote your local dealer has given you, compare them to Lexus Hanley :)

As for the service package, you have to play around with different services and combinations to determine which work out cost effective. Be creative, play around with the variables to find the best mix. Just make sure that if you do opt for a service plan, it is a Lexus GB one and not a Dealer one. With the Lexus GB one you can go to any Lexus dealership while dealer one locks you to that dealer group...and any individual dealer can go bust.

I have written in great details about service plans and my experiences of using them - hopefully you should find those posts/experiences useful.

Oh and just because you bought your vehicle second hand, does not preclude you from buying a Lexus Service Plan :)

Just paid for a service plan on my RX450h £585 for both 10k and 20k service all inc parts, I think that was good, saved the VAT increase by paying now, if you sell the car the dealer will refund it, can go wrong