Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm not sure if this has been done before or how many of you would be interested in this, but I think it would be helpful if we post a review of our latest service.

I am living in Ireland and I had to get the 40K mile service done on my '07 IS220D. I rang the 5-6 Lexus dealers in Ireland and got varying prices from €350 to €550 (£290 to £470). Needless to say I went with the €350 which was in Fitzpatricks in Kildare (about 40 miles SW of Dublin).

All of the required checks/replacements for a 40K were carried out including the brake fluid change (I had to ask for this). I also mentioned about the decreasing mpg that I had been noticing over the past 2 months or so. I asked them to do a reflash to v600 which they did with a slight reluctance (I am still under warranty).

I pointed out a problem I am having with the paint on the roof. It looks like the paint is beginning to peel in some spots. I was told that something acidic dropped on the roof and has begun to eat away at the paint. Nothing they can do though as I had predicted.

Overall I was happy with the service. Not too happy that I had a 1L Yaris for the day but in fairness to them, they said their service is cheap and this is how they cut costs.

The staff were friendly and helpful and had a very good knowledge of the car. They gave the car the standard clean also.

While I was there I got a quote for front and rear pads and discs. An whopping €1050 (£900). I'm not looking forward to doing them when the time comes.

Since the service (about two weeks ago) I have done ~1000miles and the consumption is still high unfortunately.

Glad you're getting good service but I wouldn't have been happy about their response to do with the paint - if there's no obvious signs of what caused it then it should be covered under warranty.

"Something acidic" falling in the roof is just simply too speculative for me to accept.......try a different dealer if this one won't help.

Thanks for that advice. I will do. I might take a photo and put it up here to see what people think.

Yeah definitely a good idea. More often than not the dealers will say stuff to just make you back down, sometimes you need to kick up a bit of a fuss :winky:

brake discs and Pads - When I need new pads I go to a local tyre place who will fit customer supplied items for £25 (fronts), probly the same for rears. My advice is get a labour quote from a tyre place you know for whatever you want and check out the costs from the Net. Can't see it costing more than £400 all round, discs and pads. You might even get upgade items after taking advice from this Forum for not a lot more. Defintely worth checking out.

Thanks guys for that.

I forgot to mention that the quote for the pads and discs was WITHOUT labour. I would do them myself. It sounds like it would be cheaper for me to drive over to the UK and buy the pads and discs there!!!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I know its an old thread but more so... about the milage... did you find a way to improve it? or is it still bad?

Mine was doing 8.5L/100k last year, the best I remember when I bought it second hand in July but since the snow, it went up to 9.9/10 and now its around 8.9.

According to the manual it should be 6.5L/100k. I've noticed, if I quickly shift through the gears (4th at around 50kmph), it seems to do better on fuel (but engine seems to stress a little). I can't seem to find a good combination... I had a 1.6 vectra before which I am glad to have gotten rid of but the driving style switch didn't come with a manual unfortunately :(

Cheers,

jRoy

IS200d 2006

Yeah, I did improve the mileage. I can only talk in mpg, so I'll leave it to you to convert (I'm very lazy!).

I cleaned the EGR valve (as I do every 5K miles) and I use Redex everytime I top up. I am now seeing an average of 41mpg per fuel tank. I got 530 miles out of a full tank last week. This is combined city, rural and motorway (equally split).

I find that I can get 50ish mpg when driving at 50mph in 5th with the CC on. I even recorded 57.7mpg at one stage!

I drive very gingerly, not slowly, but with low acceleration. I change up well below 2000rpm (probably around 1700-1800rpm. I do give the engine a good blow out at times just for peace of mind. I find 4th and 5th to be the best fuel consumption wise. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and especially 6th (waste of time unless doing over 75mph) obviously use plenty of fuel.

Before I cleaned the EGR and started using Redex, I was getting 33-34mpg.

I find that I can get 50ish mpg when driving at 50mph in 5th with the CC on. I even recorded 57.7mpg at one stage!

I hope that's the cause of the white smoke for fuel not being able to burn fully at low speeds. I'll definately give it a go later today and hope that improves the mpg too... kudos to you! 8.8L/100k works out to around 25/30mpg (I think)

I guess pressing the DISPLAY button on the stearing wheel gives you details in miles... its Kms for me :(

Thanks a mil for the info...

jRoy

I brough my car in from the UK, hence the miles!

Conversion chart, I hope it's correct!

MPG L/100KM

20 14.1

22 12.8

24 11.8

26 10.9

28 10.1

30 9.4

32 8.8

34 8.3

36 7.8

38 7.4

40 7.1

42 6.7

44 6.4

46 6.1

48 5.9

50 5.7

52 5.4

54 5.2

56 5.0

58 4.9

60 4.7

Yeah, I did improve the mileage. I can only talk in mpg, so I'll leave it to you to convert (I'm very lazy!).

I cleaned the EGR valve (as I do every 5K miles) and I use Redex everytime I top up. I am now seeing an average of 41mpg per fuel tank. I got 530 miles out of a full tank last week. This is combined city, rural and motorway (equally split).

I drive very gingerly, not slowly, but with low acceleration. I change up well below 2000rpm (probably around 1700-1800rpm. I do give the engine a good blow out at times just for peace of mind. I find 4th and 5th to be the best fuel consumption wise. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and especially 6th (waste of time unless doing over 75mph) obviously use plenty of fuel.

Before I cleaned the EGR and started using Redex, I was getting 33-34mpg.

Did you clean that yourself? If so, is it tricky? I think it would scare the bejaysus out of me to do it incase I made a mess of it.

Hi,

I managed to clean the valve but it was longer than 15 mins for me for not only it had a few inches of carbon deposite on it, I tried to do it with a 12mm spanner... BIG MISTAKE! lost the whole evening but the test drive after that was sweet!

Reset the display and took it out for a spin on M50 and did 100+kmps for a few mins... and consumption was down to 7.7L/100k (~37mpg) on that short run. That's the best I can remember.

The smoke... I kept the heating on Auto in the slow traffic this morning and I would have gotten a hell lot of smoke when I got down the ramp on M50 but this time... it wasn't all gone but was very little and only lasted for a couple of seconds.

It'll hopefully get better... I'll use the fuel addetive the next time I topup.

Haven't yet cancelled the Monday appointment with dealer yet... If it seems better, I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip.... I am sooo happy :crybaby:

jRoy

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update... since then the problem returned and it started to smoke again after dribbling in the traffic and the mileage went back to ~9/10 L/100k.

Solution that finally did the trick was using STK fuel injection clearer for consecutive 3/4 full tanks, Redex didn't work. Now I use it every third or fourth full tank and the mileage is around 8L/100k in city traffic and goes to ~7L/100k on longer runs. Not very exited by the performance but guess will have to live with it.

The Murphy & Gunne mechanic hooked it up to the computer and it showed nothing wrong. He suggested I should do a few long trips on M50 to keep the engine happy. Nothing he could suggest otherwise.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.

Cheers,

jRoy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links