Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Cracked - Should I Replace?

hi all,

One of my front tyres appears to be cracked all over. Is this bad? should I replace it?

its stil has good tread 4-5 mm (its a dunlop sport tyre)

I need to get one for the near side anyway, but im just wondering if this is bad or not ?

any advice would be appreciated, i have no idea :question:

thanks

hi all,

One of my front tyres appears to be cracked all over. Is this bad? should I replace it?

its stil has good tread 4-5 mm (its a dunlop sport tyre)

I need to get one for the near side anyway, but im just wondering if this is bad or not ?

any advice would be appreciated, i have no idea :question:

thanks

hi,personally i would change it and maybe just have it as a spare.

i've got dunlop sport 9000 all round and my fronts cracked on edge too plus now got a split never buy them again great grip but poor build in my opinion or maybe just not suited to the lexus but first and last time i buy them , may try some avons next had some zv5's on me vectra gsi and they were amazing :-)

Have you not used the car much for quite a while? Does sound odd for the tyre to crack up like that unless it's not been used much.

Used daily for the work commute, the front were replaced at the same time. Cant remember the exact date but they've done 20,000 . I check the tyre pressures once a fortnight. the only thing i can think of is that the other one was just an older tyre in the first place? is there a manufacturer date on them somewhere?

are there any winter tyres anyone would reccomend? i wouldnt usually bother but at the moment I have 2 sets of alloys, perfect refurbed ones (summer set) and some that need refubing, which im gonna have for the winter. just in case.

the snow was dreadful last winter, so wondering if winter tyres would make a big difference ? im thinking i might get a good deal if i buy a full set of winter tyres and 2 new ones for the front atm :shifty: