Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Post, Sat Nav Help Please

Hi there, this is my first post on the forum althogh ive read through a fair few posts to help me with the purchase of the fantastic RX300. I would like to update the sat nav on my car and ive found someone who is willing to sell his discs from a RX400, he has the serial numbers with it and i was wondering if i could put them into my system and it will update it all? is it this simple or can i not do this?

Cheers ste

you need to make sure the navigation models are the same.

if they are the same then it should work, but if the nav units are of a different generation then they wont work

do you know what gen the nav system is and what numbers to you have on the disc installed in your car?

if they are the same then it should work, but if the nav units are of a different generation then they wont work

do you know what gen the nav system is and what numbers to you have on the disc installed in your car?

my model year is 03, i think his is 09, ive found my disc in the boot but i dont know how to eject it. do i need to eject it an then compare the disc numbers?

my model year is 03, i think his is 09, ive found my disc in the boot but i dont know how to eject it. do i need to eject it an then compare the disc numbers?

Yes, you do need to eject it and get the serial numbers. Should be something like 86271-24126 which is what my 2007 disc is in my 2003 RX300. There is a small eject button which needs to be pushed with the car ignition on, otherwise it will not eject. You can then go to www.lexus-mapupdates.eu and enter the numbers from your disc and the 09 disc and if it states that you can upgrade to the same disc, then they should be compatible. I think the newest one I can upgrade my 2007 disc to is PZ485-X01EU-09 which is the latest available, but I am waiting for the 2010 disc to come out before I upgrade. Cheers