Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i managed to get a more upto date sat nav cd for my mk 4 LS400 (cd ver 3.4). It came out of another mk 4 ls400 and was tested before i got it

When i put it in my satnav drive, the lexus logo appears.... after a few seconds the screen goes blank.... then a few seconds later the logo reapears. I left it for over 10 minutes, and nothing else happens

If i put the original CD back in (ver 2.1) everything works as normal.... sat nav is available almost immediatly

I have cleaned the new disc, it looks spotless, but this has made no difference

im thinking of getting a cd lens cleaner as a last resort, although as my original cd is working, im guessing it wont make much difference

anybody got any ideas?

i managed to get a more upto date sat nav cd for my mk 4 LS400 (cd ver 3.4). It came out of another mk 4 ls400 and was tested before i got it

When i put it in my satnav drive, the lexus logo appears.... after a few seconds the screen goes blank.... then a few seconds later the logo reapears. I left it for over 10 minutes, and nothing else happens

If i put the original CD back in (ver 2.1) everything works as normal.... sat nav is available almost immediatly

I have cleaned the new disc, it looks spotless, but this has made no difference

im thinking of getting a cd lens cleaner as a last resort, although as my original cd is working, im guessing it wont make much difference

anybody got any ideas?

Stick it in the computer and have a look whats on the disc. If its blank save for the logo, no point in wasting any more time. If for some reason its got data but in a format that the satnav can't read, you can play about on tinterweb looking for something that will convert it.