Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery

Ricky1

Hi Everyone...I have a Toyota Altezza RS200 which is the UK equivalent to Lexus IS200. I have decided to change the standard stereo to an after-market double din entertainment system with DVD headrest. This model of Altezza has an amp so I used the bypass lead to bypass the amp. It also has GPS as standard which doesn't work now, however I don't need it anyway since the new stereo has GPS. My problem is that I have noticed that something is draining my Battery since I changed the stereo. I know it's not the stereo or the headrests because they switch off with the ignition. However, the area where the clock is located has a glowing orange light that fails to go off. Prior to the change this light would go off and switch on with my headlights. This has me very puzzle since I didn't touch cables or wires relating to that area. Can this tiny glow kill the Battery?? This afternoon, I have also tried removing the smaller cable from the amp which was left plugged in. As you guys know, the amp has two leads attached to it, one of these leads(larger of the two)is disconnected from the amp and connected to the bypass lead. The other remains connected to the amp. This is the one I tried disconnecting as I wasn't sure if it was still using power. So now its just a waiting game to see if my car Battery will be dead once again tomorrow. Any suggestions????

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone...I have a Toyota Altezza RS200 which is the UK equivalent to Lexus IS200. I have decided to change the standard stereo to an after-market double din entertainment system with DVD headrest. This model of Altezza has an amp so I used the bypass lead to bypass the amp. It also has GPS as standard which doesn't work now, however I don't need it anyway since the new stereo has GPS. My problem is that I have noticed that something is draining my battery since I changed the stereo. I know it's not the stereo or the headrests because they switch off with the ignition. However, the area where the clock is located has a glowing orange light that fails to go off. Prior to the change this light would go off and switch on with my headlights. This has me very puzzle since I didn't touch cables or wires relating to that area. Can this tiny glow kill the battery?? This afternoon, I have also tried removing the smaller cable from the amp which was left plugged in. As you guys know, the amp has two leads attached to it, one of these leads(larger of the two)is disconnected from the amp and connected to the bypass lead. The other remains connected to the amp. This is the one I tried disconnecting as I wasn't sure if it was still using power. So now its just a waiting game to see if my car battery will be dead once again tomorrow. Any suggestions????

Possibly the by-pass cable, i had a similar problem after fitting a new unit the Battery drained within a couple of days, i sussed it by disconnecting the permanent live wires from the connector and installing another from a live wire from the fuse box, has worked now for a couple of weeks!

try disconnecting the cable and see if it drains the Battery