Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

Just like to share my experience with what happen when I couldn't get in to the car with the keyless systerm. After owning my car of 4yrs last night the keyless systerm did not work and the remote button would not open the door either. I parked it at the normal place at work so could not work out why this was happening, It was 11:00pm at night and dark, cos I was at work and in a safe surrounding, I did not panic too much. I got out the metal key and procee to open the door, then I relise there is no key hole, after scatching my head and trying to figure out where the keyhole was, I finaly worked it out. I opened the door only to be greeted with the deafening alarm going off, at this point natural instint kick in.... I shat meself and close the door ( which lock itself automaticaly). So now I've worked out how to get into the car but don't know what to do about the alarm as it was late at night and i didn't want to wake the neighbours,so I gave up and got a lift home to find a solution.

After going on here to check how to fix the problem, I narrow down my problem to be a faulty wireless door bell which we use at work. To cut a long story short I was lucky it happened in a surrounding I feel safe and was luckly I could get a lift home to check for a fix. After reading this, how many of you can honestly say you know how to get the plastic cap off to get to the keyhole and you would know what to do after opening the door with the deafening alarm going off, well I didn't,that's after owning the car for 4yrs.

So my advise is read some of the fix on this site and have a pratice at removing the keyhole cap so you know what to do when it does happen to you, especially if you are a female as it could be quite distressing if it happen at night and in a not so nice surrounding. If it can happen to me after 4yrs of trouble free parking at the same spot, it can happen to you.... be warned.

Ha ha...

Shouldn't laugh really, happened to me just before I got rid of my Lexus. Fortunately it was day time so I just phoned my dealer on my mobile and the service manager gave me instructions.

Two lessons learned:

1. Change the Battery before it goes completely flat

2. Read the manual on how to get in/started if the electronic entry won't work

Ha ha...

Shouldn't laugh really, happened to me just before I got rid of my Lexus. Fortunately it was day time so I just phoned my dealer on my mobile and the service manager gave me instructions.

Two lessons learned:

1. Change the battery before it goes completely flat

2. Read the manual on how to get in/started if the electronic entry won't work

Yes can laugh now :hehe: , £10 wireless bell disabling a 30k motor. Like all owner we most prob did read the manual one time or another but after 4yrs trouble free you tend to take it for granted. Lesson here is : you think you know what to do, until it happens you won't know. Thats why I suggest that people try a drill run. cos with many home using wireless tech, you might just park outside with a faulty one. :blink:

This happened to me. Lexus said it was a known problem and could could be caused by someone on a mobile phone or a plasma TV. They said they now have a modified entry system which is not affected as much. They replaced the locking system under warranty. Mine is a 57 plate. I'm not sure when the new system came out but if your car is under warranty I would lie and say it has happened more than once and get it replaced with the newer version as the above post proves it can happen any time.