Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sparewheel

it could have the wrong size tyre on ot or,,,from what i remember you have to lift the wheel out from the side nearest the rear seat first ie the opposite and most uncomfortable way by stretching right accross the wheel to the furthhest point and lifting the spare up there

Hi have just bought a is200 2 months ago reg 2002 when I went to check the spare I had to get help gettng it out of boot as the wheel seemed to big but al the tyres are 17 inch any answers please

Hi lexynik is right as i found that out myself as i tried to get spare tyre out by lifting it up from the side nearest the boot lid rather than the side nearest the rear seats.Its definately easier from the side nearest the rear seats.

while we are on this subject, will an 18 with a 225/40 on it fit in where the 215/45/17, whats the overall size difference?

Yep they definitely fit as cars with the styling kit alloys had an 18" spare - it's only marginally bigger than the 17" ones though so it'll probably just be a little bit tighter.

Hi have just bought a is200 2 months ago reg 2002 when I went to check the spare I had to get help gettng it out of boot as the wheel seemed to big but al the tyres are 17 inch any answers please

Thanks managed as your instuctions, this is good site and quick responce thanks again John

it could have the wrong size tyre on ot or,,,from what i remember you have to lift the wheel out from the side nearest the rear seat first ie the opposite and most uncomfortable way by stretching right accross the wheel to the furthhest point and lifting the spare up there

Thanks for you help worked as you said still a hard to get out but did it much better thanks again Lexynic

while we are on this subject, will an 18 with a 225/40 on it fit in where the 215/45/17, whats the overall size difference?

Yep they definitely fit as cars with the styling kit alloys had an 18" spare - it's only marginally bigger than the 17" ones though so it'll probably just be a little bit tighter.

No it does not. At least it did not on mine. So I am left with a fully refurbished 18" wheel rim which I am unable to make use of.

No it does not. At least it did not on mine. So I am left with a fully refurbished 18" wheel rim which I am unable to make use of.

did the styling kit cars definitely have an 18" spare then?? i'm hopin Mars has either a bigger profile tyre on and doesn't realise or hasn't tried hard enough to put it in the wheel well :blink:

did the styling kit cars definitely have an 18" spare then??

I'm almost 100% sure that styling kit cars came with an 18" spare. If I have some time at the weekend I'll see if I can get one of mine off and put it in the boot to check.

did the styling kit cars definitely have an 18" spare then??

I'm almost 100% sure that styling kit cars came with an 18" spare. If I have some time at the weekend I'll see if I can get one of mine off and put it in the boot to check.

I will await Parthiban's reply with interest as I tried the same thing and could not get it to fit (no where near). While on the subject what do you do if not carrying an 18" spare when you get a puncture??

I will await Parthiban's reply with interest as I tried the same thing and could not get it to fit (no where near). While on the subject what do you do if not carrying an 18" spare when you get a puncture??

I've got one of my old 17" wheels as my spare, I doubt the minimal size difference would cause a problem - especially compared to spacesavers :)

• 2 weeks later...

little update, today I has a 225/40 18 fitted to my TTE Grand Prix alloy, and it fits in the spare wheel well, and whats more, it went in easily

Sorry mate completely forgot about this, glad it fits, I knew it would :)

I'm confused why it wouldn't fit in Mars's car, has it had a rear impact and had the boot floor replaced perhaps and they didn't get it spot on?

little update, today I has a 225/40 18 fitted to my TTE Grand Prix alloy, and it fits in the spare wheel well, and whats more, it went in easily

Sorry mate completely forgot about this, glad it fits, I knew it would :)

I'm confused why it wouldn't fit in Mars's car, has it had a rear impact and had the boot floor replaced perhaps and they didn't get it spot on?

There must be a reason. No rear impact as far as I am aware. Try fitting one of your 18" wheels in your boot and if it fits I will need to investigate further.

There must be a reason. No rear impact as far as I am aware. Try fitting one of your 18" wheels in your boot and if it fits I will need to investigate further.

Yep I'll try to remember to do it, only reason I asked is that I've had a rear impact many years ago and my boot floor was replaced, so there's a slight possibility that it won't fit (but I hope they did the job properly!) :)