Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clear Indicators - Pics Needed

Show us your clear front indicators please, mk3 in particular

searching for mk3 indicators and it seems there are 2 types available

the super clear ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200496503248&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=33717

the more oem frosted ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-LS400-Clear-Signal-Bumper-Lights-1995-1996-1997-/110523881138?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

are there any other types out there? I prefer the OEM/frosted looking ones, but cant seem to find a picture of these actually on a car, anyone help here? (I can find super clear ones on a car)

They shall be travelling back with a few other lexus goodies in a suitcase at the end of the month, so need to order soon :whistling:

Show us your clear front indicators please, mk3 in particular

searching for mk3 indicators and it seems there are 2 types available

the super clear ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200496503248&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=33717

the more oem frosted ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-LS400-Clear-Signal-Bumper-Lights-1995-1996-1997-/110523881138?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

are there any other types out there? I prefer the OEM/frosted looking ones, but cant seem to find a picture of these actually on a car, anyone help here? (I can find super clear ones on a car)

They shall be travelling back with a few other lexus goodies in a suitcase at the end of the month, so need to order soon :whistling:

Hi

I have the super clear ones. The frosted one's weren't available when I was searching earlier in the year. I am very happy with mine and can recommend them. I have to say I haven't seen any frosted ones on a car. Suggests a degree of exclusivity so I would probably go for them, if I were you, on that basis alone.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I think you're right I'll go for the frosted style.

being new to Lexus, is there anything that I need to look for when buying them? ie: are the USA bumper lights exactly the same size as the UK/Euro bumpers, from searching it seems they are ...

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I think you're right I'll go for the frosted style.

being new to Lexus, is there anything that I need to look for when buying them? ie: are the USA bumper lights exactly the same size as the UK/Euro bumpers, from searching it seems they are ...

Hi

The main difference is that the outer part, which is a blank reflector on yours, has a bulb and connector. There is no wiring for this extra bulb on the car, so I cut into the cabling for the inner part and wired the new outer part to it. Its rather like carrying out a gynacological operation as the gap in the bumbper is rather small.

The new inner and outer parts are a direct replacement in all other respects. You have to ease out the outer to reveal the screw for the inner. Be prepared to have to drill the screw out. I had to replace the screws with bolts and washers; this is fiddly because of the limited room to get your hand to the nut/washer. When you come to fit the new outer, it is a very tight fit so check the lights all work to avoid having to prise it out again. Not a long job, just fiddly.

i have (or rather had) a mk1 ls400, and fitted the clear indicators. I also added the extra bulbs by splicing in a connection like steve did. FWIW.... you need a bulb holder, i used the one from the small indicators on the side of the car (which i replaced with clear indicators that have 3 small LEDs in them)

guess i should get on and sell all the custom bits on my old mk1 before i scrap it

i have (or rather had) a mk1 ls400, and fitted the clear indicators. I also added the extra bulbs by splicing in a connection like steve did. FWIW.... you need a bulb holder, i used the one from the small indicators on the side of the car (which i replaced with clear indicators that have 3 small LEDs in them)

guess i should get on and sell all the custom bits on my old mk1 before i scrap it

My clear lights came with a bulb and holder and the links to both sets that dale provided in his opening post, both showed a bulb in the relevant place.

Thanks for the warning TeamDax, if they dont come with holders, ill find some in the garage no doubt... (Broke 3 MR2's this year so plenty of odds and ends lol)

As for side repeaters, what do you think to these... http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_90_118&products_id=1765

similar shape to the OEM lexus? they have a good oem frosted style anyway, unless there is a tried and tested alternative?

Thanks for the warning TeamDax, if they dont come with holders, ill find some in the garage no doubt... (Broke 3 MR2's this year so plenty of odds and ends lol)

As for side repeaters, what do you think to these... http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_90_118&products_id=1765

similar shape to the OEM lexus? they have a good oem frosted style anyway, unless there is a tried and tested alternative?

MKIII are the same as early MR2's so no problem. Go for them.

would it be easier to get behind the bump to do the wiring if you remove the headlights? i had to take out my front left the other day to attack my wing support with a hammer to get it back into the right shape after my mate stalled and rolled forwards into my car :rolleyes: wasn't anywhere near as hard as i was expecting.

would it be easier to get behind the bump to do the wiring if you remove the headlights? i had to take out my front left the other day to attack my wing support with a hammer to get it back into the right shape after my mate stalled and rolled forwards into my car :rolleyes: wasn't anywhere near as hard as i was expecting.

If you need to remove the headlight then yes, otherwise whilst its fiddly, it doesn't warrant the extra work.