Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decide to do a brake service today,backs went nice and smoothly so did the fronts until I broke the remaining low pad sensor wire ( other already broken and bypassed) so I bypassed that as well, not wanting to pay Lexus £50.00 for a new one.I can see the pads through the wheels and bending down to inspect them is a lot cheaper!

I gave the near side wheel an up down wobble test while it was still off the ground and detected some play in the upper wishbone ball joint,very slight but you can see the physical movement.

Looked on Fleabay and they are there from AZ for £69.99 delivered apparently OEM quality and guaranteed, could someone comment if they have fitted these please.

As the car was still on stands I ventured underneath and discovered the cause of a rattle, most of the wrap around exhaust heat cover fastenings were broken and the pieces were just hanging on,so I removed most of them as there is a fixed heat shield above the sections.

Are these required? I could refit with some stainless steel clips or leave them off.

Finally the complete exhaust is stainless but I thought only series 3 post Oct 94 had these,maybe JDM models were as standard.

Decide to do a brake service today,backs went nice and smoothly so did the fronts until I broke the remaining low pad sensor wire ( other already broken and bypassed) so I bypassed that as well, not wanting to pay Lexus £50.00 for a new one.I can see the pads through the wheels and bending down to inspect them is a lot cheaper!

I gave the near side wheel an up down wobble test while it was still off the ground and detected some play in the upper wishbone ball joint,very slight but you can see the physical movement.

Looked on Fleabay and they are there from AZ for £69.99 delivered apparently OEM quality and guaranteed, could someone comment if they have fitted these please.

As the car was still on stands I ventured underneath and discovered the cause of a rattle, most of the wrap around exhaust heat cover fastenings were broken and the pieces were just hanging on,so I removed most of them as there is a fixed heat shield above the sections.

Are these required? I could refit with some stainless steel clips or leave them off.

Finally the complete exhaust is stainless but I thought only series 3 post Oct 94 had these,maybe JDM models were as standard.

Hi Steve

Sure you want to buy from AZ? - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=68127&st=0

A) Shield bits, Leave them off.

B) Don't bother with the arms until it's a mot faliure or really starting to clonk.

Cheers Bazgtr I was thinking the same there are under body heat shields to protect the car anyway.

MOT is due in next few weeks so I will wait and see if it fails on it first.

Cheers SteveLS400, I couldn't remember where the duff upper arms came from.

Apart from Lexus any recommendations for when I do need one?

One positive to come out of this was before the brake service I had a knocking noise on the front when braking and turning at the same time but this had now gone, I suspect it was a lack of grease on the sliding pins giving metal to metal contact,fortunately non were seized this time!

Cheers SteveLS400, I couldn't remember where the duff upper arms came from.

Apart from Lexus any recommendations for when I do need one?

I haven't tried these myself but Blueprint parts are usually good quality. Not cheap at £265 per side - how much are they from Lexus?

Left hand side - ADT38653

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m30b0s3026p46421

Right hand side - ADT38654

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m30b0s3026p46422

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links