Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steel 16" On A Ls400 Mk4 Dhp ?

FrankB

Hi,

I bought 2 weeks ago in the UK a 1999 LS400 which came with the DHP, for which I did not care much, until I realized that the tyres are only Pirellis and they are absolutely unavailable in France or Germany, and also very expensive (I had a French quote, not from Lexus, that was 644 Euros per tyre, unmounted, although I found them at 240 Euros elsewhere; does not matter as they are not available anywhere). I hear that Pirelli is not making them because of lack of demand.

Now I need to get the front tyres replaced; so I will go back to the standard size 225 60 16 98W. I need to get it done quickly and with the prices in France I want to go the cheapest way and get steel wheels 7x16 5x114.3 offset 47, as I will need 2 full sets (5 wheels for summer, 5 wheels for snow).

Has anybody fitted anything like that on a Mk4?

http://www.feuvert.fr/jantes-toles/magnetto-wheeels-jante-tole-7x16-5x114-3/p46364.html

Thanks for any advice, and please no flaming for not using alloys, I bought the car for reliability and confort, not for looks (although I find it gorgeous, and actually like the plain black ugly wheels).

FrankB

Hi Frank better make sure they clear the front callipers before you buy them, It is very hard to find wheels to fit & I would be very supprised if the steels will. I sent you a pm

Yup Mark, just saw your answer and indeed I tried this morning and those steel wheels would not fit. Luckily I had negotiated with the dealer and I just walked away without having to pay, he just kept them.

I am now in the market for advices regarding 16" wheels that would allow me to respect the Lexus standard specs 225 60 R16 97W. Preferably standard Lexus wheels as yours, or aftermarket alloys that have been proven to fit with those gigantic calipers.

FrankB

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links