Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Advice Please Traction Control

Sixusel

I've bought a set of aftermarket brake lines because I find the braking on the IS shocking, feels like I'm putting my foot on a pillow. :ohmy: My question is, I’ve upgraded brake lines on my previous cars which had ABS, does the Lex have to be treated any differently because of the TC if so can anybody tell or point me in the right direction for the proceedure and what is the best way to get rid of brake judder, is it trial and error or a way of life with the Lex? Thanks in advance.

brakes should be rock solid-im surprised you feel the need to upgrade the brake lines tbh,are you sure theres no air in the system and that you havent got a sticky caliper or other problem especially if you have judder

Thanks for the advice, this is my first Lexus it's a 2000 plate IS Sports with TTE supercharger and lowered on Tien super street shocks and springs. I have nothing to go on besides what I've read in other parts of the forum and my experiences with the brakes which compared to my other cars are not what I would expect from a car of this quality. Would you know how would I tell if the caliper(s) are sticking?

:ohmy: thanks for the info lex2oos that gives me a pretty good idea of how good the brakes should be and hopefully will be once I check the calipers for sticking once again thanks for all the replies will feedback what I find out.

sixusel it might be worth posting a few pics up of your car as there are only so many supercharged is 200s around so it is quite possible your car would be recognised on here if formerly owned by someone in this club,ie someone somewhere may be very familiar with your car and what work it has had done in the past

I had a nasty brake judder on my IS, it was the inside face of the rear discs that had rusted.

I replaced the discs; and the judder disappeared.

My pedal is also spongy, but with no-name brake pads and brake fluid that could be 10 years old; I'm not that surprised.

Thanks for the comments lexynik I was lucky enough to buy it as you see it, toying with the idea of getting a set grey Jade R's but no rush! Thanks as well Igino Cazzola I know I have to strip down the front calipers before I do anything else, feels like a weekend job! :blink: