Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-F Real-World Fuel Consumption

I had a test drive a few weeks ago in an IS-F, salesman told me you'd get mid twenties with normal driving and a few owners agreed that was about right :)

If mid twenties mean 23 mpg then he could be right, but then you may as well be driving a IS250. If you drive it like an 'F' then expect a little less than 'mid twenties'.

The answer to my question would dictate whether or not I would buy a cheap runaround for work or not. I drive around 30,000 miles per year so the cost of fuel is a major consideration for me. I also like to research my cars on owners forums so that I don't run into any surprises if and when I do buy one. Many thanks for the helpful replies so far. Low 20's mpg sounds reasonable.

The answer to my question would dictate whether or not I would buy a cheap runaround for work or not. I drive around 30,000 miles per year so the cost of fuel is a major consideration for me. I also like to research my cars on owners forums so that I don't run into any surprises if and when I do buy one. Many thanks for the helpful replies so far. Low 20's mpg sounds reasonable.

If it's any help in making your decision, I have my IS250 SE-L and IS-F, and for driving on todays roads the I may as well be in my IS250 SE-L for 99% of the time. They're the same colour and apart from the small trim differences and the extras of vented seats, rear blind, and illuminated kick plates in the SE-L there's no real difference in driving in one or the other at legal speeds.

TBH the SE-L is a better looking car (I think mine is anyway :lol:) and if I had to part with one or the other it would be a tough decision (although if it was head over heart it would definitely be the IS-F that went).

Current decision is to keep both so I have the option to use the SE-L through the winter and the IS-F for track days and summer 'fun' days.

I drive mine daily and cover about 8,000 miles a year. My commute to work is B roads and then a short period of town traffic. I average about 20 mpg on a purely commute basis. If I do some motorway miles at weekends to give a combined cycle the average ups to about 23/24 mpg. However, on one very long motorway run I have seen 30 mpg for the tank of duel. The lowest I have seen is 16 mpg which was on an early morning hoon when I was driving it harder.

What is the real-world fuel consumption (mpg) of the IS-F? If owners could give an indication of fuel consumption over various types of journeys and driving styles then that would be great!

About 23 mpg in most road conditions, even heavy slow-moving traffic - but worse, much worse for short journeys on cold days whilst warming up when you can see the fuel-needle move, and of course there seems to be no lower limt for when you are just having fun with your right foot.

What is the real-world fuel consumption (mpg) of the IS-F? If owners could give an indication of fuel consumption over various types of journeys and driving styles then that would be great!

About 23 mpg in most road conditions, even heavy slow-moving traffic - but worse, much worse for short journeys on cold days whilst warming up when you can see the fuel-needle move, and of course there seems to be no lower limt for when you are just having fun with your right foot.

:lol: You are right on that statement,as I gave mine a blast on my gliding club runway & peri track, and the dash readout put it at just over 4 mpg. I hope that's the lower limit! My tank average at the moment says 25.4, but that's mainly motorway. On the average journey it's 23 mpg more or less.

:lol: You are right on that statement,as I gave mine a blast on my gliding club runway & peri track, and the dash readout put it at just over 4 mpg. I hope that's the lower limit! My tank average at the moment says 25.4, but that's mainly motorway. On the average journey it's 23 mpg more or less.

Yep - I've actually shown 4.8mpg over a sixteen mile section of (private) road that I used to use regularly to set up my rally cars but over the 17,000 odd miles I've done from new in December 2008 it has registered 22.1 month on month.

Incidentally it was as quick as my N10 Impreza over the stage but nothing like as easy - bumps and crests really aren't its forte!

Incidentally - the red beastie is going to be on the market soon, its replacement (a different marque) hits the road 1st December. It's on a PCP with a very realistic final payment so I fully expect someone out there will fancy a private deal rather than letting it back into the dealer system where it will likely go on sale for over 30k. I won't put specifics on here but if anyone with a serious interest drops me a PM with a phone number I'll be pleased to talk turkey!

I drive mine daily and cover about 8,000 miles a year. My commute to work is B roads and then a short period of town traffic. I average about 20 mpg on a purely commute basis. If I do some motorway miles at weekends to give a combined cycle the average ups to about 23/24 mpg. However, on one very long motorway run I have seen 30 mpg for the tank of duel. The lowest I have seen is 16 mpg which was on an early morning hoon when I was driving it harder.

I echo the above almost word for word. Interestingly, using the manual and a few revs here and there never really seems to have any major impact on the consumption. Likewise, trying to drive it frugally never seems to either :)

Cheers - Mark.

PS If you want similar power, more torque and a more comfortable ride without compromised handling, you should take a look at the BMW Alpina B3S BiTurbo. You'll also get around 28-30 mpg typical, and around 36-38 on a run. Also, road tax only £190.00, with similar exclusivity; I might even say a slightly better all round car ( but lacking, as usual, in the BMW Customer Service department...) :yawn:

Hi. This is my first post but thought I would add to this thred.

I have been running an ISF for around 4 months now and I am incredibly impressed with the mpg. I previously had an RS4 which returned around 23mpg consistently.

My current average is 30.4mpg. Now I admit that I do 95% motorway miles outside rush hour so it is a steady speed but it is still much better than I was getting out of the Audi.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. This is my first post but thought I would add to this thred.

I have been running an ISF for around 4 months now and I am incredibly impressed with the mpg. I previously had an RS4 which returned around 23mpg consistently.

My current average is 30.4mpg. Now I admit that I do 95% motorway miles outside rush hour so it is a steady speed but it is still much better than I was getting out of the Audi.

I agree,

I owned a Volvo V70R awd which was tuned and kicking out 360bhp. I would get between 260 -300 miles out of a tank and that was a 2.5 turbo.

Since owning my IS-F i am getting around 240 - 300 miles on one tank of fuel (65litres).

its a great car.