Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning Injectors

Phil_D

I've taken my EGR valve off and cleaned it but I still have this chugging sensation which is intermitant on the motorway at speed as well as being gutless from standstill, so I'm thinking that if the EGR valve was as coked up as it was the rest of the engine isn't going to be that clean, so on that note I'm going to start by cleaning the injectors.

So, does anyone have any information about removing the injectors?

Cheers people

I've taken my EGR valve off and cleaned it but I still have this chugging sensation which is intermitant on the motorway at speed as well as being gutless from standstill, so I'm thinking that if the EGR valve was as coked up as it was the rest of the engine isn't going to be that clean, so on that note I'm going to start by cleaning the injectors.

Cheers people

In my opinion, there isn´t a problem with "coke injectors". But you schould clean the intake between EGR and "intake-valves" an the valves itself.

Cheers people

In my opinion, there isn´t a problem with "coke injectors". But you schould clean the intake between EGR and "intake-valves" an the valves itself.

To clean all air intake system and injectors, the best solution is use the 'Sintoflon DSC' spray, very well done if u, before use it, have clean manually the egr valve ;) Go in the Sintoflon website and u'll see everything. 100% guarantee. In the italian Audi and also BMW forums many guys have used and all were happy about the treatment.

• 1 month later...

hi all!

for my 4 year old 70k miles is250 auto i used bg44k i bought from www.powerenhancer.co.uk. my car use to shake when i stopped at junctions and on one occasion it stalled,i did a bit of research on the american side and found they use this stuff at lexus,audi,vw dealers. after each service the dealers put can of bg44k for petrol or bg244 for diesel in to petrol tank. i used about 3 weeks ago and found the engine was smoother and more responsive and no more flat spots, it does not shake anymore,the revs use to drop to 400 and back up to 700 when stop, does not do it anymore. i tried bg244 on my dads bmw525d with the same results.i am getting between 3-4 miles more per gallon than before with same style of driving.i have had the car since new and the engine now feels like new.hope this information is of some use to you guys that have still got problems with carbon build up.

mike chan

• 1 month later...

hi all!

for my 4 year old 70k miles is250 auto i used bg44k i bought from www.powerenhancer.co.uk. my car use to shake when i stopped at junctions and on one occasion it stalled,i did a bit of research on the american side and found they use this stuff at lexus,audi,vw dealers. after each service the dealers put can of bg44k for petrol or bg244 for diesel in to petrol tank. i used about 3 weeks ago and found the engine was smoother and more responsive and no more flat spots, it does not shake anymore,the revs use to drop to 400 and back up to 700 when stop, does not do it anymore. i tried bg244 on my dads bmw525d with the same results.i am getting between 3-4 miles more per gallon than before with same style of driving.i have had the car since new and the engine now feels like new.hope this information is of some use to you guys that have still got problems with carbon build up.

mike chan

I've just ordered some now! Hope I get the same kind of results B)

• 1 month later...

hi all!

mike chan

From where and how much? :whistling:

Have you tried this yet?

• 1 month later...

hi all!

mike chan

From where and how much? :whistling:

Have you tried this yet?

Its great stuff! I ordered mine from www.powerenhancer.co.uk when it was on a special just after Christmas. But I didn't do what it recommended on their web site as I was unaware of the time scale that you should try and keep it in your tank for.

I was away for the holidays and put the bottle in thinking that the long 4 hour drive home would be the best time to use it! But I realized now that the way to use it is by trying to keep it in the tank for at least a week and driving short trips. After which you add more derv when about a quarter of the tank is left. So I've bought some more to do just that.

One thing I did notice was the smell from the exhaust! Like a burning smell, but not that strong. I'm guessing it must be the BG244 getting rid of the carbon and soot build up in the DPF...

• 1 year later...

I would. I have just trialled the BG244 and have found it to be excellent.

I did 1000 or so around France last summer and averaged around 49 mpg over the trip on all sorts of roads ( majority on motorways in truth).

You should be able to get the same. Regularly get 38 - 40 back and forth to work (a very short run)

One point, Get the EGR cleaned before you go and before you put the BG244 in. Its easy to do. There is a good video on one of the EGR posts.

You just pour a can into the tank at next fill up and then fill her up with 50 litres or so and away you go. Personally I would clean the EGR by hand first though.

Hand on heart my car is now running beautifully. Thats not something you hear too often regarding the is220d!!

I put BG244 in about 2 weeks ago and I'm mighty impressed. No better mpg but performance is much better. Mine used to be quite unresponsive at lower revs until 2000rpm when turbo kicked in. Now its a much smoother approach to 2000rpm. Engine is quieter too. Nearly ready now to put the AR6200 in on a weekly basis. Lookin forward to results of that.

normski,as you say the bg244 is excellent.have you considered giving the archoil 6200 a go as your regular fuel additive,my car runs great on it.

Thanks for the tip. I will look into it. That comes from powerenhancer I believe.

Hi dgman. I put the bg244 in a few weeks back and it has improved the car a lot. I am ready to start using ar6200 now on a weekly basis. I'm just wondering how do you put it in (measuring cylinder or syringe?) and what kind of difference did you notice?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links