Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would You Consider The Ct200H?

Steve

Company car demonstrator, and as they haven't sent the model I ordered, as it had a damaged wheel have agreed another one in July. :-). Even though I've placed my order. 45mile trip a1 and b roads 59mpg, with Some sport mode

Wow thats good consumption.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just love this car. It's a real pleasure to be in as either a driver or passenger, but driver is best. ;) In fact I find I am looking for excuses to go out in it. 'Any shopping required dear?' I keep asking my wife. She thinks I'm having an affair. I suppose I am really. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Probably not after doing a long journey as i have recently done :crybaby: If you try to keep up with the speed with sport mode you end up losing the milage! and you still have to push hard :tsktsk:

Having waited a while for the real owner reviews to appear they just confirm the journalists reviews.

• Suspension too firm/hard
  • Too expensive
  • Engine whines under CVT control under moderate acceleration.

Not being able to get electric folding mirrors on anything but the very very expensive variant is the killer for me though. I insist on parking in my garage and with the mirrors out it wouldn't fit through the garage door.

Not for me thanks.

(If only they had brought the IS200 into the 21st century with all the toys then that would have seen me back in a Lexus)

Not for me thanks.

(If only they had brought the IS200 into the 21st century with all the toys then that would have seen me back in a Lexus)

Hear Hear, well said. And as I have said in another topic, the dark and gloomy interior because of the awful "privacy glass" is the final nail in the coffin for me.

I wrote this when I went to the Lexus open road event in Leicester.

I drove the CT. Horrid car. From the previous two rides, which was the ISF and RX450, this was like stepping into a really bad non Lexus car, from China or India. It took 50 meters to realise I hated it.

The road in the grounds were a little bumpy and it banged the cars suspension all the way out to the main road, I was doing about 10mph. When I got onto the smooth duel carriage way I could still feel the undulations of the road through the seat. Noisy and very uncomfortable.

The interior is cheap, the seats don't go down low enough and the steering doesn't have enough adjustment. An odd thing with the interior door pull too. There is one on the passenger side and non on the drivers side, odd.

This car starts at £25k, this is expensive, it should be better or cheaper, in fact it shouldn't have the Lexus badge. A Focus would be a better drive and have a larger boot. The CT may well produce 50mpg + maybe, but I think I'd rather sacrifice a few mpg and buy a proper Lexus. Sorry CT owners but I think that the CT should have been a lot better, unfortunately Lexus may have cheapened the brand.

That's just my view. I'm wondering what CT drivers had previously as cars to make them think that this is a good car. Unless of course the average CT drivers only concern is MPG.

Sorry to owners of this car, but Lexus have a dog on its hands. I would expect a revised model soon.

Why do they have to go so bland on the styling. First the brilliant LFA, then the dull CT...

Dull! Don't agree with you on that. I think it is far from dull. Just my opinion of course.

I drove the CT. Horrid car.

Sorry to owners of this car, but Lexus have a dog on its hands. I would expect a revised model soon.

Wow, you really didn't like it did you.

Well I still like it, despite the ride which I still feel is too firm for a luxury car, but liveable with. Aside from that it ticks all the boxes for me. :)

Well I still like it, despite the ride which I still feel is too firm for a luxury car, but liveable with. Aside from that it ticks all the boxes for me. :)

It does sound a bit harsh, but I think I was disappointed at the time. I'm sure it's a great car for some people.

It does sound a bit harsh, but I think I was disappointed at the time. I'm sure it's a great car for some people.

I am afraid I have to agree too, but I would'nt say its a horrid car - I think that is being very harsh to the people who have purchased and are happy.

I had my test drive at the weekend and I didnt have to go far before I realised I could'nt live with the ride. I currently drive an A3 Sportback, so I am in the target group that Lexus wants to attract, but they wont be getting my business I'm sorry to say. My car has 17" wheels yet it strikes and excellent balance between ride and handling. The Lexus was also noisier than I expected too.

I like the interior, but it didnt have the premium feel which my car has, despite having lots of toys. The hybrid side was amazing of course and I got good MPG on my trip.

It will be very interesting to see if they make any suspension modifications and if they do, will they make it known to the public or jet slip it in.... If they sorted they ride then I may well give it another go, if not it will be the new A3 next year :)

I am afraid I have to agree too, but I would'nt say its a horrid car - I think that is being very harsh to the people who have purchased and are happy.

I had my test drive at the weekend and I didnt have to go far before I realised I could'nt live with the ride. I currently drive an A3 Sportback, so I am in the target group that Lexus wants to attract, but they wont be getting my business I'm sorry to say. My car has 17" wheels yet it strikes and excellent balance between ride and handling. The Lexus was also noisier than I expected too.

I like the interior, but it didnt have the premium feel which my car has, despite having lots of toys. The hybrid side was amazing of course and I got good MPG on my trip.

It will be very interesting to see if they make any suspension modifications and if they do, will they make it known to the public or jet slip it in.... If they sorted they ride then I may well give it another go, if not it will be the new A3 next year :)

I'm hoping that Lexus will listen to comments like yours and make modifications to the CT. At the moment I feel that the CT is too unfinished in too many places.

I think Lexus will have to listen to what drivers and owners are saying. They can't ignore the fact that a lot of people are disappointed with the ride and that is not going to go away. Read any report you like, they all say the same. Mind you, I have been in firmer cars, but they are built to be that way for people who want a sporty car. The Lexus range of cars is meant to be the luxury option for people who want a reliable car, or so I thought. Okay, having a sporty feel is nice too, but the priority should still be on the luxury side, aka smoother ride. As I said earlier, it is firmer than I would have liked, but everything else about the car is brilliant, so I am still happy.

I am sure Lexus want to the CT to be a Golf/A3 beater. It can be, but not without adjustments to the ride. Price wise, it is not cheap, but neither are auto versions of the top of the range Golf/A3's.

Actually I had an RX400h for four years from new and ok, th CT is not quite as good as that but it is not meant to be. I am very happy with the CT and dint think the interior that much cheaper than in my RX. But that's just my opinion.

Really that bad to drive, sat in oneat london motor expo interior quality seemed to felt good though !

I think the drive of the car maybe subjective. I own a Lexus GS and I had a test drive in two other cars on the open day. However the ISF which I drove was much more comfortable than the CT. It could be though that the CT had 18" alloys fitted so made the road noise and bumps more obvious. I couldn't believe how much of the road I could feel though, even when the tarmac was smooth, I could feel the seat vibrating, quite harsh. I was disappointed at the interior. Too much hard plastic and the fit just wasn't quite right.

The disappointing thing is that Lexus could have made this an absolutely fantastic car. Maybe they will when a facelift come around.