Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amp Bypass Lead Frustration! Help Please!

Have a 2000 IS200 Sport, with the usual non working audio, so decided to install a new double din unit.

Purchased a JVC KW-XR811

p1040379k.th.jpg

All well and good me thinks, get a Bypass cable from eBay job done or so i thought........

Wired up switched it on and nothing.. hmm but i could here it powering up when connected, but pressing eject lights up the unit as does pressing the display button if only for a few seconds. check everythings plugged in, check instructions, ah is some babble about modified wiring on the JVC loom which i try but that does nothing no power at all...

I then take a closer look at the leads...

This gets complex so bear with me! :duh:

The unit comes with a ISO lead with plugs into the back, and the other end into the bypass cable.

p1040401e.th.jpg

5 wires going into it red, black, blue/white, orange/white and yellow.

Lower connector in picture

p1040400.jpg

but the end of the bypass lead that connects to this only has 2 wires yellow and a black.

top connector in this pic

p1040394a.jpg

Therefore no connection to the red wire which according to the instructions is "accessory terminal" so i presume that i have the wrpng bypass cable? but looking on eBay, obviously there is Non amp leads and Amp leads, and the end that connects into the amp connector is a long white one not the double one.

So am i doing something obviously wrong yet i can see it or have i the wrong lead?? I have searched through all the "relevant" threads but couldnt find a solution :crybaby: , any help would be much appreciated

Did you get the autoleads bypass cable? That one should be plug and play I think? Sorry I can't help further as wiring isn't really my thing, but one of the others will be along shortly :)

First thing is to confirm that you have the correct cable as there are 2 types that you can get, 1 for models with the amp and those without, the connectors should look like THIS if you have the amp.

Suppose another thing to check is the connection behind the glove box, as its such a tight area to work in, maybe as simple at the connectors have not been pushed in all the way?

Failing that, i would get the HU checked.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the replies.

Checked the cable and it is the one as posted by shahz, as you can see the bottom connector only has two pins!?!

Not sure if it was a genuine autoleads one mind :blink:

Will have another play when this poxy weather clears up any other info would poss be a help if anybody else has had a problem ta!

Thanks for the replies.

Checked the cable and it is the one as posted by shahz, as you can see the bottom connector only has two pins!?!

Not sure if it was a genuine autoleads one mind :blink:

Will have another play when this poxy weather clears up any other info would poss be a help if anybody else has had a problem ta!

Looking at the connector on the eBay link that also looks like there is two pin in the bottom, can you post a pic of the side view so we can see what wires there actually is going into the iso block. Most of them on eBay are not autoleads mate, so nothing to worry about there, mine isnt and works perfectly! Think it may be worth getting the HU checked if you still have no luck after making sure the connector on the amp side is pushed in as far as it can go.

Looking at the connector on the ebay link that also looks like there is two pin in the bottom, can you post a pic of the side view so we can see what wires there actually is going into the iso block. Most of them on ebay are not autoleads mate, so nothing to worry about there, mine isnt and works perfectly! Think it may be worth getting the HU checked if you still have no luck after making sure the connector on the amp side is pushed in as far as it can go.

The eBay link lead is the same as the one i have with two pins.

p1040417u.jpg

Side view

p1040420.jpg

Top view

p1040419m.jpg

Thanks for the input Shahz, will try scraping my knuckles again with the amp later i think ;)

Fixed it!!

Checked all the connectors they were fine, checked the HU that was fine... so that lead me onto the missing wires..

i connected a switchable live to the red connector and it all worked, so i slighlty modded the wiring and its working a treat!

will post pics later, thanks to all involved. :D

Fixed it!!

Checked all the connectors they were fine, checked the HU that was fine... so that lead me onto the missing wires..

i connected a switchable live to the red connector and it all worked, so i slighlty modded the wiring and its working a treat!

will post pics later, thanks to all involved. :D

mate any pics im having this prob at mo got no power coming in stereo works fine ive checked its just the bit inbetween ive got probs with the cables all connected its driving me nuts at mo

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 3 years later...