Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I need to remove my back seat to get at the abs connecter, i can find the 2 behind the head rests but cant see any other fixing bolts anywhere, as anyone ever removed the back seat who could help me, I have tried looking on here but nothing on seats.

Cheers

Don

Hi

According to the manual you need to remove the seat cushion by pulling it up, then remove the 3 headrests, then release the seat belts from the shoulder guide, then the bolts under the head rest, then the 4 bolts which you uncovered under the cushion.

Hope this helps.

Hi

According to the manual you need to remove the seat cushion by pulling it up, then remove the 3 headrests, then release the seat belts from the shoulder guide, then the bolts under the head rest, then the 4 bolts which you uncovered under the cushion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, but I have already tried pulling on the cushion and its fixed somewhere ? only want to get at connecter for abs wheel senser and check it out before replacing it.

Which manual did you get this out off as my manual dont cover that?

Cheers for the reply

Don

Hi

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, but I have already tried pulling on the cushion and its fixed somewhere ? only want to get at connecter for abs wheel senser and check it out before replacing it.

Cheers for the reply

Don

Hi Don

Its off a CD from eBay.

It looks like your not pulling the seat up hard enough!

Cheers

Hi

Hope this helps.

Cheers for the reply

Don

Hi Don

Its off a CD from eBay.

It looks like your not pulling the seat up hard enough!

Cheers

Cheers for the info, I will have another go the weekend and hopefully check the connection on the abs senor, hope its just a bad connection and dont need a new one as its £150 +vat just to buy from LEXUS, at mo I just running on traditional breaking.

cheers

Don

Well i have tried to pull the front of the seat up and no way will it lift, all i can say is mk2 ant the same as mk1, when i try to pull hard the seat bends, even tried a jemmy in the middle and no way got to be fixing bolts somewhere

Well i have tried to pull the front of the seat up and no way will it lift, all i can say is mk2 ant the same as mk1, when i try to pull hard the seat bends, even tried a jemmy in the middle and no way got to be fixing bolts somewhere

Hi

The diagram definitely shows there are no fixings!?

I have a Mk2 and will have a go and see what happens.

Cheers

Hi

Cheers

OK sorted, it took 2 of us to pull seat up it was bloody tight. sensor connection check out ok so have book it into LEXUS bham and they have given me a bloody good price, gave 10% off parts and 10% off labour on replacing sensor, Lexus wolv quoted me £400 ? Lexus Bham £192 and i asked them to double check it and said it was right.

Thanks all for the help on the seats

Cheers

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Cheers

OK sorted, it took 2 of us to pull seat up it was bloody tight. sensor connection check out ok so have book it into LEXUS bham and they have given me a bloody good price, gave 10% off parts and 10% off labour on replacing sensor, Lexus wolv quoted me £400 ? Lexus Bham £192 and i asked them to double check it and said it was right.

Thanks all for the help on the seats

Cheers

Don

Well just an update for you all, took it into LEXUS last week and guess what, its no the sensor its the ABS ring on driveshaft and guess what I have tried to get a cv joint with no look and tried to get abs ring ? its LEXUS cant get them so its booked in for LEXUS tomorrow for a new driveshaft just because of abs ring? oochhhhhh £560.

will let you all know how it gos tomorrow, but to be fair to LEXUS they had it on the ramp and gave it a full inspection and didnt charge me a penny last week

I still can't understand that. I've seen outer cv joints for sale on eBay, is the abs ring on a different part?

yes mate there are some on eBay? i bought 2 sets off there but there not there same as mine they are alot smaller, the teeth on end of shaft dont have enough and also the abs ring as not got enough teeth, i have 2 sets here but there not for the mk 2, i gave them reg, vin, and id number and they said they was the ones for my car i did get a shaft off a scrappy mk 2 but the abs ring was as bad as mine, on the boxs it dos say LS400/GS300/Camry part number SU90216,all i can say it for mk1, should have gone to LEXUS today but they rang me to say in had not come in yet so its booked in tomorrow now, cant wait now to get it fixed

I still can't understand that. I've seen outer cv joints for sale on eBay, is the abs ring on a different part?

yes mate there are some on eBay? i bought 2 sets off there but there not there same as mine they are alot smaller, the teeth on end of shaft dont have enough and also the abs ring as not got enough teeth, i have 2 sets here but there not for the mk 2, i gave them reg, vin, and id number and they said they was the ones for my car i did get a shaft off a scrappy mk 2 but the abs ring was as bad as mine, on the boxs it dos say LS400/GS300/Camry part number SU90216,all i can say it for mk1, should have gone to LEXUS today but they rang me to say in had not come in yet so its booked in tomorrow now, cant wait now to get it fixed

Well had car fixed:-) was the ABS ring, or secter otherwise knone as but had to have complete driveshaft, technition at LEXUS said that the mk2 is not repairable in anyway and this I have found out over the last few months, he also said that this was the fisrt one they had ever done at Birmingham just thought i would let you all know that my problem is fixed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links