Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can I Have My Is-F Remapped?

Hey guys, Im new to the Lexus world so thought I would ask a question about tuning.

I have recently bought a 2009 IS-F after owning a Volvo V70R for the last 2 years. I have alway been a bwm man then turned to Volvo but now I have an IS-F (WOW). My Volvo was stage 2 and very finely tuned and did 0-60 in 5 seconds.

I have not timed the IS-F yet but i get different info from people. Some say 0-60 in 4.6 and others say 5.2? Anyone know the correct figure?

I would also like to have my IS-F remapped for more power and fuel consumption (not that the fuel bothers me) but I can not find anyone that can do it. any ideas?

Thanks

Hey guys, Im new to the Lexus world so thought I would ask a question about tuning.

I have not timed the IS-F yet but i get different info from people. Some say 0-60 in 4.6 and others say 5.2? Anyone know the correct figure?

I would also like to have my IS-F remapped for more power and fuel consumption (not that the fuel bothers me) but I can not find anyone that can do it. any ideas?

Thanks

Lexus official figures are 0-100 KMH in 4.8 sec which is 0-60 MPH in 4.63 sec. If you want to reduce it to say 4.3, you will need about 150 BHP more taking output to 563ish BHP (do the math). That will definitely increase fuel consumption which at full shout is already only about 4 mpg and probably requires a turbo. A tinker with the mapping is never going to achieve anything worthwhile. The major factors are traction-loss and aerodynamic drag - at max power the wheels are already slipping, and more power will make this worse as well as removing the tread from the expensive tyres very quickly. For similar reasons, The Bugatti Veyron needs 1000BHP to beat the 4 sec barrier, eats tyres & gobbles fuel outrageously.

To get better fuel consumption, remove the lump of lead from the right foor or use Snow Mode - or both.

I would also like to have my IS-F remapped for more power

Official figures may be a little conservative, or perhaps I'm just not as accurate with my timing, but I recorded 0-60 in just over 4.2 seconds. More likely to be the standard uncalibrated speedometer. Unless you are taking it on the track I cannot understand why you need it to be any quicker. However, if you really feel the need it may be worth trying this Company in the UK http://www.importshowoff.co.uk/

I'm also in Gloucestershire so I'll look out for you. I've yet to see another in the county (correction, on any public road at all).

Hmm i never understood why people like to get cars like GTR, imrpreza sti's & top of the line Audi's remapped or upgraded power? as if their not fast enough :rolleyes: not so bad if the choice of car isnt the fastest in the range like... + how often people use these car to its full potential?? hmm if i bought M3, lancer evo 8 etc... i be happy with performance as standard! as for fuel consumption common sense its gonna be a little worse not improved, a saying no such a thing as free lunch but this my opinion!

• 1 month later...

My scooby can break the 4sec mark :-) ISF eat your heart out that's why I have a 220D and an RX400h and dont need the power surge for everyday as I just walk into the garage and fire up the beuty in there and get to 60mph at circa 3.8 - yep Im lucky I suppose and long may it last....

Ive driven the ISF and thought it was quick enough to be honest as a lot of torque steer - not used to that in my scoob as it just points and goes :-)

My scooby can break the 4sec mark :-) ISF eat your heart out that's why I have a 220D and an RX400h and dont need the power surge for everyday as I just walk into the garage and fire up the beuty in there and get to 60mph at circa 3.8 - yep Im lucky I suppose and long may it last....

Ive driven the ISF and thought it was quick enough to be honest as a lot of torque steer - not used to that in my scoob as it just points and goes :-)

I didn't realised that you could get torque steer from a RWD car??

I didn't realised that you could get torque steer from a RWD car??

Perhaps you can when reversing! lol

Are you sure you drove an IS-F? As above the IS-F definitely doesn't suffer from torque steer!

I feel like a real t** now, doh!

Yes, I have driven the IS-F and on the day I also drove a highly modified 'front wheel' drive Civic Type R - - - I preferred the IS-F but decided a lot of money for a Lexus that I couldnt use power for the road and too expensive for the track, thus keeping the scooby and my other Lexi - is that plural term correct!

Thanks for pulling me up on that one I deserve it

I feel like a real t** now, doh!

Yes, I have driven the IS-F and on the day I also drove a highly modified 'front wheel' drive Civic Type R - - - I preferred the IS-F but decided a lot of money for a Lexus that I couldnt use power for the road and too expensive for the track, thus keeping the scooby and my other Lexi - is that plural term correct!

Thanks for pulling me up on that one I deserve it

Lol no worries mate, yep the civic probably would suffer from huge torque steer.

You can pick up an IS-F for £30k now which isn't really that much given the power available :winky:

Try dms automotive search them in google and email them i'm sure they can help because they remapped my older brothers cls 5.5 AMG and that was stage 2 which took it up 600bhp and 620lbft but this package cost £2,995 also the gearbox got remapped aswell for better gear changing and responsive trust me give them a call and i'm sure they will do wonders for IS-F Kemnitz.

Shaz.

I have recently bought a 2009 IS-F after owning a Volvo V70R for the last 2 years. I have alway been a bwm man then turned to Volvo but now I have an IS-F (WOW). My Volvo was stage 2 and very finely tuned and did 0-60 in 5 seconds.

Thanks

As for any Toyota the ECU can not be remapped, you need either a piggy back or standalone programmable ECU (Greddy eManage, HKS FCON ...) The easiest xway to gain perfomance on this car is to replace the exhaust and intake.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links