Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

the automatic open/lock feature of the right rear door. When ever I open/lock the doors with the key or Front door button, the right rear door lock either moves slightly or doesn't move.

I think it's a failing Door Lock Actuator or Latch Assembly.

Or am I going down the wrong path all together?

thank you keith

the automatic open/lock feature of the right rear door. When ever I open/lock the doors with the key or Front door button, the right rear door lock either moves slightly or doesn't move.

I think it's a failing Door Lock Actuator or Latch Assembly.

Or am I going down the wrong path all together?

thank you keith

Hi Keith

If you do a search - use various different relevant terms - you should see some info on door locks and their failure. In any case you should strip the door card and clean the connections and check the wiring as best you can. Further, have a good clean at the linkages and also the latches and check the door closes correctly.

Good advice Steve,the back doors normally don't get the same use as the fronts so linkages can seize partially and from past experience the motor that controls the lock can fail.

The good news is there is no key lock involved so the mechanism is a lot simpler than the front doors.

I think there is a tutorial on www.lexls.com for removing the door card.

Good advice Steve,the back doors normally don't get the same use as the fronts so linkages can seize partially and from past experience the motor that controls the lock can fail.

The good news is there is no key lock involved so the mechanism is a lot simpler than the front doors.

I think there is a tutorial on www.lexls.com for removing the door card.

The tutorial is here http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/fdoorpanel.html but refers only to the front door panel. I have used this, as its very good. I made a note that it would be a useful guide to remove the rear card.

thank you i have done that but can not see how you take the motor out i found two screws but the motor was still stuck in side the door. i did a search and had a look on that web site

I do not know if you explored the site but if you didn't here is the link for removal of the front door handle http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/fdoorhandle.html

The rear door differs only in that there is no key facility.

thank you i have done that but can not see how you take the motor out i found two screws but the motor was still stuck in side the door. i did a search and had a look on that web site

I do not know if you explored the site but if you didn't here is the link for removal of the front door handle http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/fdoorhandle.html

The rear door differs only in that there is no key facility.

it is the central door locking motor that i can not get out

The motor or Actuator as Lexus describe it is integrated into the lock mechanism,from what I can see the lock assembly is removed by taking out the 2 screws accessible from the edge of the door where the lock is located.

You will of cause have to remove the trim panel to get the lock assy out and disconnect the control rods attached and the electrical connector.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links