Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Led Indicators

Hi ppl,

I've been told by the seller that these LEDs are suitable for the IS200:-

HERE

But i'm not too sure as, reading on the forum, the pins in the rear indicators on the is200 are not offset. So i'm a bit confused. I know the easy way is to open up the rear lights and have a look, but its pouring down outside so i don't want to be playing with electrics when theres water about.

So if someone can let me know if these are right, i'll be greatful!

Cheers!

you will also need to buy load resistors or the indicators will flash fast...look like they will fit mate but if theirs a pin in the wrong place file it off and it'll still stay in place(done it before)

Thanks for the reply guys.

Ormi - Thanks for the heads up, so why on earth would they sell these knowing they will flash faster due to lower resistance?? Is it difficult to fit a load resistor?

Thanks!

no mate you just bridge the feed to the earth job done..its the same with the tail lights LED bulbs make the wee light on the dash come on..

my mate sells them in his shop but its a bulb kit has the bulbs and the resistors in the pack..

i had to fit the resistors to my pulsing brake lights warning light was doing my nut in.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Ormi - Thanks for the heads up, so why on earth would they sell these knowing they will flash faster due to lower resistance?? Is it difficult to fit a load resistor?

Thanks!

no mate you just bridge the feed to the earth job done..its the same with the tail lights LED bulbs make the wee light on the dash come on..

my mate sells them in his shop but its a bulb kit has the bulbs and the resistors in the pack..

i had to fit the resistors to my pulsing brake lights warning light was doing my nut in.

yes i have that very same problem. Got some LED rear lights. Now the warning light comes on within 2 minutes of driving. At the moment i've just stuck some round tab over the light on the dash so i don't notice it in my view. was thinking of taking out the actual warning lights on my dash so its permanently off! When you say earth it, you don't happen to have an image of it by any chance. I know its only a warning on the dash , but it'll be nice to cure it properly. I don't trust myself with electrics and i would pay to get it done properly.