Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Induction Kit

ROBBIE1

Isn't it just bling for bling's sake?

2-3 BHP gain seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

What you MAY gain in freer flowing air is potentially lost by sucking in pre-warmed (and therefore less dense) air from above your nice hot exhaust manifolds.

Plus it's a mod that your insurers would expect you to declare and could even get arsey about in the event of a claim.

I can understand it on a turbo or supercharged car where you're pulling in a lot more air (and you ain't exactly going to hide one of those babies under the standard airbox anyway!), but otherwise surely the K&N insert route is better...? Invisible, cost effective, and slurping in nice dense cold stuff so potentially more bang for your buck.

What you MAY gain in freer flowing air is potentially lost by sucking in pre-warmed (and therefore less dense) air from above your nice hot exhaust manifolds.

Plus it's a mod that your insurers would expect you to declare and could even get arsey about in the event of a claim.

I can understand it on a turbo or supercharged car where you're pulling in a lot more air (and you ain't exactly going to hide one of those babies under the standard airbox anyway!), but otherwise surely the K&N insert route is better...? Invisible, cost effective, and slurping in nice dense cold stuff so potentially more bang for your buck.

So you reckon a k&n filter for the air box is better ?

becasue you can make one yourself for cheaper with a better filter.

Agreed! think i paid £205 for mine a couple of years back. not worth the money at all, need to make extra brackets to mount the thing for starters, not to mention there was no cold air feed pipe. and im pretty sure the marginal gain in Hp was wasted because of the immense wait of the Stainless pipe.

Seriously mate, just get a K&N for like £34 and just slot it in :)

So you reckon a k&n filter for the air box is better ?

YES!

I had the prolex induction kit on my IS200 and was pretty happy with it. I cut a hole in the engine bay and fitted a tube from the vent at the side of the fog light to get cold air to the induction filter. It felt like it made the car a little more responsive. It gave it a nice growl too.