Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Frosting/condensation On Drivers Side? Washers Help Too!

Hi there,

I have only just realised that my headlight washers are now not working. They have been working properly for the 3 years that I've had my car, jetting screenwash whenever I push the button....but yesterday I pushed the washer button and also pushed the wiper screenwash stick which usually gives off one jet of headlight wash the first time but nothing??

Also noticed that on my side's headlights there is some condensation inside the headlight cover along the bottom area? The passenger side seems fine?? Has anyone had this before - what do I have to do to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Ok, when you tried to wash the headlights did you have them switched on? as they only work when on!

If you answered yes to that they try to lift them up, if you hear the noise of water being sucked/moved then you could have had an air block!

Hope these both help....

Scuse me for dragging this off topic a bit, but are headlamp washers an optional extra?

It's just that my car has had a bit of a chequered past (in fact I think a previous owner was apprehended by being boxed in against the kerb from 3 sides by Volvo T5's - I sh!t you not)!

Anyway, point is, it hasn't got them, but then I'm not sure that that's just because it might have had a replacement bumper fitted, as there doesn't seem to be a switch on the dashboard either - just a blanking plug/coin holder.

How difficult are they to retro-fit?

Would the wiring be under there already and it's just a simple case of sourcing and fitting the components?

You probably have the 'styling kit' (aka TTE) front bumper.

The washers weren't fitted to cars with that - or rather they were 'removed'.

Those bumpers have marks scored on the inside where cut outs need to be to fit the washers.

TG

Scuse me for dragging this off topic a bit, but are headlamp washers an optional extra?

It's just that my car has had a bit of a chequered past (in fact I think a previous owner was apprehended by being boxed in against the kerb from 3 sides by Volvo T5's - I sh!t you not)!

Anyway, point is, it hasn't got them, but then I'm not sure that that's just because it might have had a replacement bumper fitted, as there doesn't seem to be a switch on the dashboard either - just a blanking plug/coin holder.

How difficult are they to retro-fit?

Would the wiring be under there already and it's just a simple case of sourcing and fitting the components?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links