Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ucf10 Ucf11 Rear Upper Ball Joint Replacement

bazgtr

UCF10 UCF11 Rear Upper Ball Joint Replacement.

Part numbers 48770-50010 & 48790-50010

Can anyone tell me what options there is to replace the ball joint.

Local Motor factors wanted £245 plus vat for the whole unit.

So is there another option of either getting the ball joints from US, If so who sells them.

Also is there another Lexus or Toyota model which has the same ball joint.

Any hints or pointers would be gratefull as google no good in finding the rears and just shows fronts.

Thanks.

UCF10 UCF11 Rear Upper Ball Joint Replacement.

Part numbers 48770-50010 & 48790-50010

Can anyone tell me what options there is to replace the ball joint.

Local Motor factors wanted £245 plus vat for the ball joint only.

So is there another option of either getting the ball joints from US, If so who sells them.

Also is there another Lexus or Toyota model which has the same ball joint.

Any hints or pointers would be gratefull as google no good in finding the rears and just shows fronts.

Thanks.

Those part numbers are specific to 89-94 LS400 only :( however they are only £105.07 + vat each from your local Lexus dealer :) or £221.04 posted from me.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

£221.04

That's my problem as just put new cats on the car with new flanges etc and then this goes. If I spend that then the replecement parts are going to be nearer the value of the car in just one month. Something that's annoying me.

Ball joints should be no more than around £30 to £60 each at most like all the others cars out there.

I have the part in my hand and I know it's the same as another model but noone will tell me the size of the inner base of the cars I'm mentioning in finding a replacement.

Does anybody know anyone who's working in Lexus who could ask parts and see if it's the same as another Lexus model etc.

£221.04

That's my problem as just put new cats on the car with new flanges etc and then this goes. If I spend that then the replecement parts are going to be nearer the value of the car in just one month. Something that's annoying me.

Ball joints should be no more than around £30 to £60 each at most like all the others cars out there.

I have the part in my hand and I know it's the same as another model but noone will tell me the size of the inner base of the cars I'm mentioning in finding a replacement.

Does anybody know anyone who's working in Lexus who could ask parts and see if it's the same as another Lexus model etc.

ACLex is the parts manager for Lexus Poole... try PMing him?

£221.04

Already posted that answer.

Andy

£221.04

ACLex is the parts manager for Lexus Poole... try PMing him?

According to the info I have, no other model using these parts show up when cross referenced with other Lexus and Toyota models.

Might be worth trying a breaker....

According to the info I have, no other model using these parts show up when cross referenced with other Lexus and Toyota models.

Thank you for the first proper answer to a question I've asked everywhere.

Royt do you know if the soarer models of that year 1993ish use the same rear suspension arm.

Also do you know if they are any other Lexus/Toyota you know that use the same suspension in full on that model car not just the ball joint.

Thank you for the first proper answer to a question I've asked everywhere.

Royt do you know if the soarer models of that year 1993ish use the same rear suspension arm.

Also do you know if they are any other Lexus/Toyota you know that use the same suspension in full on that model car not just the ball joint.

This was for the complete arm, no other model listed as using it.[them]

The ball joint is not listed separately on the parts list.