Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To The Forum - Just Got An Ls400

Hi all. I had a Lexus GS300 sport about 10 years ago and here I am again back in the fold but this time it's an LS400. I need to sort out a few things on it - I don't think any of them are really major but can anyone help?

OSF wheel bearing - this needs to be replaced. Does anyone know what kind of cost I'd be looking at? Car is a Nov 98 LS400. I believe this requires some kind of heavy duty compression machine which a main dealer would have but which a small independent may not. Should I get a main dealer to quote?

Temp display - passenger side - LCD backlight gone. Again, anyone have any ideas as above and is it worth doing.

Brake pipes - identified as an advisory on a previous MOT "OS and NS brake pipes slightly corroded". Anything to be concerned about? Car has done 189k and these were identified at about 178k a year ago.

Nothing else for the moment. Looking forward to enjoying this beast!

cheers

Hi the backlight bulb is soldered on so is a bit of a pain pennys from maplins but involved to do, If you remove the front hub you should be able to find someone with a press to change your wheel bearing. Goodridge stainles steel brake lines are quite cheap & better than standard available on eBay . lastly welcome back into the Lexus fold

Hi the backlight bulb is soldered on so is a bit of a pain pennys from maplins but involved to do, If you remove the front hub you should be able to find someone with a press to change your wheel bearing. Goodridge stainles steel brake lines are quite cheap & better than standard available on ebay . lastly welcome back into the Lexus fold

cheers - that's useful info. I ordered a new wheel bearing kit from a main dealer - got it for a reasonable discount so getting that fitted. I'll probably go with the Goodridge lines next.

The nav is the same as the one I had in the GS300. In 2001 it looked pretty high tech - now of course it looks quite dated - does anyone know if it's worth getting an updated disc and what it might cost? I think I'm on the original one.

The nav is the same as the one I had in the GS300. In 2001 it looked pretty high tech - now of course it looks quite dated - does anyone know if it's worth getting an updated disc and what it might cost? I think I'm on the original one.

Hi. There have been numerous posts on this subject, so have a search. If I had a built in sat nav I would want it to work even though a free standing unit may be better.