Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Info Needed Plz.

Hank B

Hello there, I used to be a regular on here a few years ago, doubt if anyone will remember me :crybaby:

Thing is see, I had an IS200 back then and I sold it to buy an Impreza STi, but I'm bored of going fast now and I miss my luxury. Thing is having owned a 360bhp Scooby I don't think I could go back to a 153bhp lexus, I know it's not all about speed but when you've been used to that kind of performance you can't go back to a slow car.

So I've decided that since I want another IS but I still want at least a wee bit of power, I'll get an IS300. Only I don't really know that much about the 300 so what I want to know is if there's any problems or anything specific to the IS300 that I should look out for? I'm not really able to spend much more than £4500 so I'll be looking for an early 2000's model. Any info would be most appreciated but if it's basically the same issues to look out for on a 200 then I'll be fine :blink:

Can't wait to get back to some comfort, I think I'll need a spine transplant after 2 years of Scooby ownership (solid suspension, not a dodgy seat :D ) and it would be nice to be able to hear music again and not just exhaust :duh:

Someone said back when I got my Scoob that I would be back, they were right, though I can't remember who it was :lol:

Thanks in advance.

Oh and one other thing, how much will it cost to Tax the thing? I heard they are in band M ? I'm looking at an 03 car btw.

Oh and one other thing, how much will it cost to Tax the thing? I heard they are in band M ? I'm looking at an 03 car btw.

That's the easy bit = £245

The oldest IS300 will be 2001 and I think I'm correct in saying that one of the main differences is that they are all auto boxes (at least when I was looking I didn't see a manual box) though you do have the manual "electronic" control buttons on the steering wheel.

£4500 should be OK for a high mileage 2001-3.

The oldest IS300 will be 2001 and I think I'm correct in saying that one of the main differences is that they are all auto boxes (at least when I was looking I didn't see a manual box) though you do have the manual "electronic" control buttons on the steering wheel.

correct, they are all auto's - with the triptronic buttons for up and down gears on the steering wheel.

How about looking for an altezza mate?

correct, they are all auto's - with the triptronic buttons for up and down gears on the steering wheel.

How about looking for an altezza mate?

I have thought about an Altezza but I don't really want another Jap import (the scooby is an import) I'd rather a UK car, less hassle. And the 300 will surely be just as quick as an Altezza will it not, I know it'll be a heavier car than an RS200 but it's got tons more torque.

Woohoo, just put a deposit on an absolutely mint 03 black IS300 with full sport bodykit and the 18inch wheels. One owner from new Full Lexus history. A bit over my budget but worth every penny, the thing looks like it's never been driven! And the interior looks like a bum has never touched the seat. Don't pick it up till pay day next week though :-( Can't wait :D

Woohoo, just put a deposit on an absolutely mint 03 black IS300 with full sport bodykit and the 18inch wheels. One owner from new Full Lexus history. A bit over my budget but worth every penny, the thing looks like it's never been driven! And the interior looks like a bum has never touched the seat. Don't pick it up till pay day next week though :-( Can't wait :D

congrats :) love Astral black !

remember to get some pics up on here when you've picked her up

congrats :) love Astral black !

remember to get some pics up on here when you've picked her up

Yeah I love black too, my old 200 was black and it looked amazing after a heavy dose of wax :D I'll get the pics up as soon as I've got her 8)