Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Next Door Reversed Into My Car . . What To Do ?

Whitey

Guys

Came home from a night shift to find my residents car park full (first come first serve basis).

I decided to tuck my car infront of my girlfriends instead of leaving it on the main road.

I was woken up by a coke bottle crunch noise, immediately got up and true enough, next door had reversed into my bumper. He proceeded to drive away, but maybe he's going to do what ever, then come tell me later ?

I have already contacted Chipsaway to get a quote.

I will ask next door to pay, then call it quits ?

My excess is £250.

****** off.

Chris

i feel for you mate - i have a similar problem with persons in space next to mine keep opening doors on my car chipping it and little dints - lexus seemed very soft paintwise so was one of a few factors why i bought a 4x4 with big sidesteps and rubgaurds on - i even raise the suspension to its highest every night now to make sure doors can only really hit my sidesteps - same neighbour also reversed out and clipped my car - denies everything of course !!! grrr dont they make your blood boil

i hope he accepts liabilityfor it chris i really do - me im lookin to move to a house with a drive asap - good luck,let us know how it turns out,,,,, yours is such a gorgeous lex as well-why cant these muppets just bang into wrecks no one cares a stuff about

looks plenty of room to me tbh-either way a good old fashioned knock on the door followed by "im really sorry i may have accidentally nudged your car last night is it ok) wouldnt go amiss !!! some people actually seem to use their bumpers as a form of pdc these days imo,, duh,,oh,,,ive hit something a bit ill have to go forwards now !!!! knock him out sparko chris

He admitted it after I asked him; he didn't come out with it straight away.

I said I would look into getting a dent repairer to fix it, but in the morning I am going to get his insurance details and get it all done properly.

Why waste my time for something he tried to get away with ?

good news- might be a good idea to plug a cheap cctv into an old laptop and place it on your vantage point covering the car park in case anything like that happens again - let me know if you want to know what kit to get ( about £70 in all and a laptop or desktop with 30 or 40 gig freespace on the hard drive - glad he owned up at least - insist on lexus approved repairer and a new bumper if its scuffed,,,why should you have filler in your car because of him

That sounds a bit extreme, maybe when I get my own drive.

Me being me, I am worried about letting my car go to a repairer - will it come back with doors dings etc ?

I can easily remount the bumper and polish out the scratches. There are no deep scuffs on it.

What do you think ?

Yes, I agree.

You know how it is, when you start thinking about something it get exagerrated in your mind.

But when I've had another look at it, there's not much damage.

If I hadn't of seen him do it, it would probably have taken my till next time I washed the car to notice it.

White

i dont think its wrong to get your car repaired properly ! most dent repair people i know can only pull dents out of metal not plastic ! if its bad enough to need filling why should someone have to drive round in a car with filler in it where it shouldnt be ? just depends if it will buff out really or if its deeper then who knows,filler repaint bumper etc or new bumper - i think its also relative to the condition of the car pre accident - whiteys car is gorgeous and dint free and also hes trying to sell it so why should he put up with anything short of perfection as it wasnt his fault

• 2 weeks later...

Right, an update !

My first day shift, 6am, I clipped a lorry - to keep the story short.

Same damage as when my neighbour hit, but on the other side, doh.

Going to get it all fixed up, so atleast the bumper will be fresh again !

Sod's Law hey ?