Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diy - Steering Wheel Control Carbon Fibre Wrapping *56K Warning*

I prefer the black to the silver because it is a bit less noticable and very subtle, making it something that people will say "wow, didn't notice that before, but that is cool"

and the black matches the steering wheel better and has a nice contrast. black with grey.

^^ Thanks Janey :)

I'm debating whether or not I should also use this same 3M Di-Noc to wrap the instrument cluster trim like the following thinkDesign one:

top_image-mini_photo_02_ove.jpg

But not in silver ofcourse :) in the same black colour one that i've wrapped the switches in.

Suggestions and opinions would be great.

Just a personal opinion, but think the cluster trim is a step too far. The trim you have added so far adds subtle detail to the major part. Covering the cluster trim just overwhelms it - and to me looks just done "because you can". Of course, it is your choice, and good luck with covering all those complex curves.

Just a personal opinion, but think the cluster trim is a step too far. The trim you have added so far adds subtle detail to the major part. Covering the cluster trim just overwhelms it - and to me looks just done "because you can". Of course, it is your choice, and good luck with covering all those complex curves.

I did say I changed my mind :) I've decided to stick with what I have. No more Di-Noc for me. I think anymore di-noc will just look excessive and cheap like the chrome trims people put around everything on their car these days

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to mention, if anyone decides to do this mod you will face the following issue after re-connecting the battery:

The power Window Controls on the Driver's Side will not work after unplugging the battery. Dont panick, this is Normal. To rectify this, you will first need to roll DOWN then UP each window individually with the switch on each Door. Once this has been done, you will gain back the Driver's Door Window Controls. For NAV owners, the system will go through a reboot process that takes about 30 seconds.

Hi Ahmed, simce know so many tricks wondering if you can help me with this: I bought my is220d 2008 with 83k just two weeks ago and Ihave problem with all doors and windows. Can't be operated from driver door console. I've being told there's preferences settings made by previous owner (lady) but really struggling to fix it without being ripped off by the dealers. Any ideas? Cheers

I forgot to mention, if anyone decides to do this mod you will face the following issue after re-connecting the battery:

The power Window Controls on the Driver's Side will not work after unplugging the battery. Dont panick, this is Normal. To rectify this, you will first need to roll DOWN then UP each window individually with the switch on each Door. Once this has been done, you will gain back the Driver's Door Window Controls. For NAV owners, the system will go through a reboot process that takes about 30 seconds.

Hi Ahmed, simce know so many tricks wondering if you can help me with this: I bought my is220d 2008 with 83k just two weeks ago and Ihave problem with all doors and windows. Can't be operated from driver door console. I've being told there's preferences settings made by previous owner (lady) but really struggling to fix it without being ripped off by the dealers. Any ideas? Cheers
Just un update: I did role individually each window down and up as you said after and I'm amazed : regained the power from driver controls but just for back doors:-( Pasanger door I see its flashing when I pressed on driver console to open/close. Any tips for unlock all doors also :-DDDD ?? need to do manually every time when wife and kid come along and it kills me. Thanks again m8. Really appreciated.

Hello Catalin,

If you see the window controls for the passenger side window flashing on the drivers door then that means it still hasnt been sync correctly. Once you sync the window correctly that flashing green light on the drivers door control should stop flashing. Try this, go to the passenger side door again with car started,with the passenger side door open roll the window down all the way with the control on its own door without letting go of the button. Once its rolled down all the way, then roll it up all the way without letting go of the button, once it has rolled up all the way, count to 4 seconds (proper for seconds not fast 4 seconds). Then let go and go to see if it can be controlled from the drivers door.

Thank you both guys: window sorted :-) !!!!

Any tips for the all/doors unlock?? When I get close to car the side mirrors under lights automatically turning on wich I believe let me know I'm approaching the car or so, ok? All good; I slide my hand in to the driver door handle for opening purpose without using the key fob and whats happening next its weird: Clicking and flashing exactly 5 times !! ..and the only door opening its the driver one so for the rest of them I need to stretch to open manual from inside though. . . Tryed holding the two buttons from key fob for around ten seconds, show on dash display close/open all doors but still same. Its something to do ending up on ripping off dealers or can be done easy ?

Hello Catalin,

If you see the window controls for the passenger side window flashing on the drivers door then that means it still hasnt been sync correctly. Once you sync the window correctly that flashing green light on the drivers door control should stop flashing. Try this, go to the passenger side door again with car started,with the passenger side door open roll the window down all the way with the control on its own door without letting go of the button. Once its rolled down all the way, then roll it up all the way without letting go of the button, once it has rolled up all the way, count to 4 seconds (proper for seconds not fast 4 seconds). Then let go and go to see if it can be controlled from the drivers door.

Cheers m8, my car do happy windows dance now ;-)

Appreciated. Any luck with doors issue? Tx again

I did say I changed my mind http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif I've decided to stick with what I have. No more Di-Noc for me. I think anymore di-noc will just look excessive and cheap like the chrome trims people put around everything on their car these days

Couldn't agree more, if you fancy di-noc get yourself a full di-noc dashboard from ford mondeo or similar / its so much that looks cheap all around but that's just me.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/10/2010 at 12:18 PM, fjcfarrar said:

How hard is it to remove and replace the perspex covering the dials on an IS250?  Mine has splashes of some sort on the perspex and keen to replace with a new one.  Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links