Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

Mylextoo

Hi guys (and gals), I have recently aquired an is250 se-l and wondered if anyone has retro fitted the dynamic radar cruise control. I have seen from the handbook that this is operated from the steering wheel and therefore presumably means replacement of that part of the wheel to include the new switch. Would be interested to know if its straight forward to fit and costs etc., I imagine most of the wiring is already in place and its just the hardware which needs to be connected? Thanks

Not sure about how easy it would be to retrofit, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the unit costs in the region of £5k so it definitely wouldn't be cheap unless you could get hold of the bits from a breakers or something - and even then not sure how cheap you'd get it for.

Probably cheaper to find a car with it to be honest.

I would say it's not worth the effort. My 250 SE-L hasn't got it but my IS-F has, but tbh I prefer the standard cruise control with manual intervention. The only plus point is the radar will automatically apply the brakes if someone jumps into the gap in front of you, and it also pretensions the seat belt which can be a bit of a surprise when it first occurs.

I would say it's not worth the effort. My 250 SE-L hasn't got it but my IS-F has, but tbh I prefer the standard cruise control with manual intervention. The only plus point is the radar will automatically apply the brakes if someone jumps into the gap in front of you, and it also pretensions the seat belt which can be a bit of a surprise when it first occurs.

I heard a couple of people with it on have actually gone back to Lexus and asked them to disable it because they didnt like it at all.

I heard a couple of people with it on have actually gone back to Lexus and asked them to disable it because they didnt like it at all.

Fairly stupid people then - because you can select it not to be adaptive from the steering wheel.

Fairly stupid people then - because you can select it not to be adaptive from the steering wheel.

:lol:

Thought there had to be an option to switch it off (like with rain sensors and auto headlights) but wasn't sure as I don't own one.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your input. I think the 5k put me off immediately, but it is interesting to hear the comments of those of you who have it. Reading about it sounds like it would be a good thing but I can understand people being put off if its a bit nerve-wrecking. I must say, its no trouble to flick the arm of the cruise to re-set it. It seems it would be a rather expensive option especially if you did not get on with it!

Thought there had to be an option to switch it off (like with rain sensors and auto headlights) but wasn't sure as I don't own one.

You can choose not to use it, but I don't believe you can switch the radar function off and still leave it on 'standard' cruise control. I did use it on the M4 on Tuesday in fairly heavy fog and found it very useful on the longest distance setting to detect the vehicles in front before I could actually see them, so safety wise it was a definite benefit.

You can choose not to use it, but I don't believe you can switch the radar function off and still leave it on 'standard' cruise control. I did use it on the M4 on Tuesday in fairly heavy fog and found it very useful on the longest distance setting to detect the vehicles in front before I could actually see them, so safety wise it was a definite benefit.

To turn the radar off make sure the cruise light is on then push and hold the cruise control stalk away from you for a couple of seconds. It will then say in the display norm. When you set a speed it will display how fast you are going.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links