Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted...mobile phone ...subject matter ends way o

Fidgits

The Noose in General

WARNING!! The noose is not a knot to play hangman with. Too many accidents already killed children who thought they could release it in time. Even not strong pulled nooses can be dangerous round your neck.

There are three basic ways to make a noose. The first way is running the 'tail' of rope through a fixed loop on the end of that same rope. This may be a spliced-loop or a knotted-loop like the bowline. (In fact the bowline is used very often as the running loop by sailors.) The simple noose itself is used as a running knot for swift running loops.

The second way to make a noose is to tie a running knot (a simple knot or hitch) round the standing part of the rope in a way that pulling on the knot-side closes the loop. This is the most common way for making nooses. It makes the loop to close almost as easy as a noose using a fixed loop as a running knot.

The third way is to tie a running knot in a way that pulling the knot is opening the loop. I only know one practical application for this way of tieing this noose: for tying the rope to a yo yo, with the eight as running knot. But in packing bags and loads you will find it sometimes as an intermediate loop. It is also often the result of tying the running knot the wrong way.

The noose on the WEB.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE NOOSE

The noose may not seem like a big element of foreshadowing to one who has little knowledge about the construction of a noose, but in actuality it is one of the leading elements that can tell the reader that most of Part III is a dream.

The noose, also known as the "death" or "hangman's" knot is a very dangerous and lethal knot that is quite effective in killing a person instantly. The knot's, construction is made up of at least six, but preferably seven or eight coils. In American myth, many say that the knot should have at least thirteen coils, but every source I looked in said 6-8 works just as well. By having this many coils the knot becomes an effective means of snapping the victims neck, killing them instantaneously (rather than the often assumed strangulation of a noose). The noose may still strangle someone, but this comes after the neck breaks and the victim looses all consciousness. The key to the noose is placing it to either side of the neck so the coils are near the ear. It is virtually impossible to escape its wrath once the hangman's plank is removed.

Tesco UK was founded in 1919

The founder of Tesco was jack Cohen. After serving in the Royal Flying Corps during the First World War, 21-year-old jack decided to invest his service man's gratuity of £30 in NAAFI surplus groceries to sell from a stall in the East End of London. His first day's turnover was £4, and his profit £1. His business has been growing up successfully.

The first own-label "TESCO" product in 1924

First in 1924 there appears the current business company name. The name Tesco comes from the initials of the joint-owner T.E. Stockwell, who supplied the firm by tea (the first Tosco labelled product), and from first letters of Jack´s COhen surname.

The first shop opened in 1929

The first warehouse opened in 1934

The first 100 branches by 1939

Tesco comes to Central Europe in 1994

Tesco and the Internet

Tesco UK became the biggest world seller of ambient food and non-food product via the Internet. We have more than 750 000 registered on-line customers (www.tesco.com).

Tesco and the World

Currently, Tesco is an international company operating in various countries of Europe and Asia. Since 1998 Tesco is the biggest chain in England, Scotland a Wales with a turnover of over 15 million pounds.

About Oak Trees:

Oak Trees are any tree or shrub of the genus Quercus of the family Fagaceae (beech family). On this site, you will be able to get details on several oak tree species, view pictures of the oaks,and find out where to buy oak trees.

The oak tree family includes as many as 600 species, found chiefly in north temperate zones and also in Polynesia. Oak is the wood for lumber: Oaks are cultivated for ornament and are prized as the major source of hardwood lumber. The wood is durable, tough, and attractively grained; it is especially valued in shipbuilding and construction and for flooring, furniture, railroad ties, barrels, tool handles, and veneer.

The bark of some oaks has been used in medicine, in tanning, and for dyes. Acorns, the fruit of oak trees, have long been employed as a source of hog feed, tannin, oil, and especially food. A symbol of strength, the oak has been revered for both historical and mythological associations.

Until the late 20th century, traffic cones were not thought worthy of scientific study. It is the Traffic Cone Appreciation Society's mission to counteract these centuries of neglect. By preserving and studying these "Helpers of Humanity," we hope to allow future generations the opportunity to enjoy these magnificent creatures in their natural habitats.

The IWBTC

Story

(International Wooden Bow Tie Club)

Marv Beloff

Frustrated, I was frustrated!

I like plaid, striped, colorful shirts with solid navy or camel sport jackets for every day wear. Tiresome solid white or blue shirts go to parties.

I wanted a solid, basic bow tie to wear with my favorite shirts. I used to have some, but my wife threw them away years ago. I shopped! Few bows and no solids. I went to antique and consignment shops, hip department stores and forward thinking, creative retailers. Nothing, nada, zero!

I'm a wood sculptor. At about the same time I was carving a story board of family figures from a piece of North Carolina yellow pine, it suddenly seemed to light up everywhere with bow ties, like a throbbing pinball machine. The marvelous grain I was working on, looked like bow ties? Furiously, with mallet and chisel flying, the first wooden bow tie was born.

A piece of cross-grain ribbon with Velcro positive and negative ends was attached. I slipped the ends around my plaid shirt collar, and pressed the Velcro tabs together. My search was ended!

The following day I wore the tie when hosting my local Cox Cable TV interview show. It was a hit! I made more. I added a flare or changed the design until there were four incarnations that pleased me.

At a charity auction I provided two wooden bow ties. They were quickly bid up to $300.00 each. This activity was repeated a few times. When there were about ten active wooden bow tie enthusiasts it was decided to establish the International Wooden Bow Tie Club.

Small wooden bow tie pins called "splinter group" were created for spouses. Trips to the theater, Essex CT. Railroad Dinner Train, New Orleans and others were organized. A SAP (Self Appointed President) happened. We were off and running! Appropriate plastic coated membership cards were printed and a web site established.

We're excited! What fun we're having! We proudly wear our ties and feel as though we belong to a very exclusive, artistic club.

A wooden bow tie will evoke admiration from family and friends. It will fascinate strangers and arouse envy! I hand sculpt each individually. No two will be exactly alike. Getting yours is easy,

now this is freaky stuff :yahoo:

Not so much "anorak or not" - more like confirming what colour ... :ph34r:

Where the hell did that lot come from ... :ohmy:

Sorry if this is :offtopic: but i managed to ressurect the T39!! First things first, i've pulled all my numbers off it...

I'll wait and see if it survives, and then compare it to the nokia i'm then I can make a decsion...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links