Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silly Newbie Question I Suspect

Link to WIM website

WIM= Wheels-in-Motion

They are a company that do full geometry setup's for the IS200/300.

Many thanks! I'll look them up, are the geometry settings critical on this model, up till now i just use Kwik Fit for balancing and alignment.

Ed

quite a trek from you to WIM however they do point you in the right direction of people closer to you who use the correct settings for your car, and after seeing Watchdog t'other day I can safely say kwik fit won't be let loose on my car

quite a trek from you to WIM however they do point you in the right direction of people closer to you who use the correct settings for your car, and after seeing Watchdog t'other day I can safely say kwik fit won't be let loose on my car

Actually, i only pick the car up on Tuesday from Manston in Kent so WIM ain't far. I shall phone ahead for an appointment and get the job done as soon as i pick it as WIM do seem to have quite a following. i know the car has good tread on the tyres however i am usually fussy about tyres, should i wait till i get new tyres next year or can i get the WIM service and get new tyres later? I see Parthiban mentioned is 200, i presume the same issue affects a 2005 IS300 Sportcross. Any advice welcome, this is my first ever rear wheel drive car and i want to minimise any surprises i may get in the winter months! Thanks everyone. Ed

Actually, i only pick the car up on Tuesday from Manston in Kent so WIM ain't far. I shall phone ahead for an appointment and get the job done as soon as i pick it as WIM do seem to have quite a following. i know the car has good tread on the tyres however i am usually fussy about tyres, should i wait till i get new tyres next year or can i get the WIM service and get new tyres later? I see Parthiban mentioned is 200, i presume the same issue affects a 2005 IS300 Sportcross. Any advice welcome, this is my first ever rear wheel drive car and i want to minimise any surprises i may get in the winter months! Thanks everyone. Ed

Get yourself booked in at WIM as soon as possible mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I admit I didn't see the program you refer to, but I just wanted to say that my local branch has a nice guy managing it, and he keeps on top of everything so I've never had anything less than great service there. That said, I remember in East London, you could get problems with them at times, so I think it's quite possibly very Branch dependent.

I guess you can get problems anywhere, but I felt the need to defend this particular branch! No offence!

Nev