Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rolled Arches

c499kev

Wheels-inmotion do arch rolling but they're a bit of a drive away for you as they are in Chesham, Buckinghamshire - hopefully some of the guys from further North maybe able to suggest somewhere a little nearer

alrite guys/girls was wondering if use new any 1 that would roll my arches, ive replaced my wheels from 225/40/18 to 245/45/17 and they stick out alittle and with more than 1 person in the back it rubs off the arches.

Try 'Arch Enemy' as they have places in most areas, and have carried out work for a few LOC members (and ex-members :() and WIM. http://www.archenemy.co.uk/?page_id=67

If you look at their pics you'll see the sample Lexus IS200 is having its arches rolled outside of WIM's workshop.

alrite guys/girls was wondering if use new any 1 that would roll my arches, ive replaced my wheels from 225/40/18 to 245/45/17 and they stick out alittle and with more than 1 person in the back it rubs off the arches.

why have you down sized from 18's to 17's......????

i say change the tyres but narrower ones theirs no need to have tyres that wide?plus it would be cheaper to change the tyres

ormi, you dont know how wide his wheels are?

the rear arch lips are fackin huge on an is200 / altezza. you could achieve a hell of a lot with the rounded end on a hammer and a hair dryer

with the correct off set you can fit wider tyres than what he has got without touching the arches the boy i meet up with is running 255's on the rear with standard lip's!!i have been around these cars/worked on these cars for approx 5 years now it doesnt take a lot to work out that his offset is all wrong if 17's are rubbing with 245 tyres!!

kev mate can you post pics of your wheels or wheel spec's eg width offset etc......

ormi ive got 9 1/2 inch width wheels and the 245 width tyres are the thinnest a can go lol, ill just get them rolled and if it needs coilovers ill neddy get them :winky: i down sized the wheels due to 1 of my 18s getting buckled and thought off dropping the size to 17s and upgraden the profile from 40 to 45 :unsure:

ormi ive got 9 1/2 inch width wheels and the 245 width tyres are the thinnest a can go lol, ill just get them rolled and if it needs coilovers ill neddy get them :winky: i down sized the wheels due to 1 of my 18s getting buckled and thought off dropping the size to 17s and upgraden the profile from 40 to 45 :unsure:

still dont understand why they are rubbing the offset must be slightly out...my mates are 9inch with 255's his are 18's though,rolling the arches will do mate.

my mates just dropped his 50mm on springs he has no rubbing with no arch mods..

do you know what the offset is?

i'm fully aware of that. still, you mentioned tyres, not incorrect offset wheels.

i didnt need to say about the offset kev already said they stick out from the body in his first post,

if you read the post i say it will be cheaper to replace the tyres than to roll the arches........

anyway im not going to waste my time with a key board warrior........

kev mate get some pics up.

coilovers wont stop the rubbing issues mate as even on the hardest setting they will still compress under load ie people in the back.....rolling them will be fine...

or you could do the tyre stretch look...

im running the wrong offset on mine as i wanted the wheels to be flush with the arch(et35)with 225's on my wheels they would catch the arch so i changed them too 215's so i run a slight stretch and they miss my arches!!

if you read the post i say it will be cheaper to replace the tyres than to roll the arches........

No it won't. I work for Archenemy (south london). If you were in my area I would charge £90 to roll a pair of rear arches on an IS. Find me a decent set of rear tyres for that price and I'll bite your arm off :)

tyres are cheap for me thats why they dont last me too long..lol..

i also own an arch roller and i chose to run stretched tyres because thats the look i was after and i wanted to keep the standard arch lip..

might be changing soon though might roll them and space the rear wheels out abit...

you should move to scotland!! to get your arches rolled up here its double your price thats why i got the arch roller...dont do it much now though cant be bothered....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links