Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whos Recently Got Tax?

basically my tax is up soon and i havent had the car all that long, mine is as is200 sport 51 plate and id like to know roughly how much i am looking at having to cough up for 6 months or a year??? cheers

Do a vehicle inquiry here and it will tell you.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

Andy

basically my tax is up soon and i havent had the car all that long, mine is as is200 sport 51 plate and id like to know roughly how much i am looking at having to cough up for 6 months or a year??? cheers

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

Andy

don cheers mate :)

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £134.75

12 Months Rate £245.00

http://www.taxdisc.d...k/EvlPortalApp/

Andy

Andy, thanks for that. Out of curiousity I put in my IS250 details and got 'license not due', but when I did the same with the IS-F registration I got 'unlicensed' :crying:. After contacting DVLA they confirmed they had no record of tax, even though I have a current tax disc. The disc shows £405.00 paid for 6 months duty, which again is most odd and hopefully not correct.

Best guess by DVLA is that the Post Office cocked up when the Lexus dealership got the tax that was on the car when I bought it. Whatever, if I had been pulled by plod I would have had some awkward questions to answer. Surprised I haven't as I've been driving the car since May this year and have gone past enough NPR cameras :blink:. Now with DVLA to sort out.

Wow I didn't realise the difference was THAT much!

I just re-taxed my 2000 model yesterday, and it was only 205 for the year.

Also as it was originally registered in Northern Ireland it doesn't have an age related plate, so only people on here would have any clue to the car's real age.

At 40 difference per year I'm glad I didn't get a newer one, because that's soon going to mount up, and I'd rather spend the money on keeping it in as good or better nick than the rest!

TANGO SAID: Andy, thanks for that. Out of curiousity I put in my IS250 details and got 'license not due', but when I did the same with the IS-F registration I got 'unlicensed' :crying:. After contacting DVLA they confirmed they had no record of tax, even though I have a current tax disc. The disc shows £405.00 paid for 6 months duty, which again is most odd and hopefully not correct.

Best guess by DVLA is that the Post Office cocked up when the Lexus dealership got the tax that was on the car when I bought it. Whatever, if I had been pulled by plod I would have had some awkward questions to answer. Surprised I haven't as I've been driving the car since May this year and have gone past enough NPR cameras :blink:. Now with DVLA to sort out.

REPLY :offtopic:

Tango - My commiserations and good luck - I have had problems in the past with DVLA errors (wrong model, engine type & colour of car) and over three years they failed to sort it out. Out of curiosity, I checked their site recently and after 10 years it is still about - they now show correct model and colour but say it is a diesel when it is petrol, so successive owners must have been confused. In the 1960's also had a Triumph 2000 where DVLA simultaneously issued the same Reg No to a Vauxhall Cresta bizarrely miles away in Manchester which they acknowledged as their fault - only resolved when the Cresta got written off!