Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manual/auto Advice Please Read

MSC

short story of this my x reg manual is200 went bang major cooked engine so purchased a cat c write off auto with 68thou on the clock im wanting to remove the engine to fit in mine but need to know of all differences is the bearing in the end of the crank different also anything anyone can think of would be of great help also the car was once owned by a member as it has club stickers on the rear doors

oh sorry,thought it might put a few quid back in your pocket and help out another member at the same time - sorry mate i only ride em , dont fix em !! im sure someone like monster matt or sparkystav who know all things techy will be along to advise you soon enough

oh sorry,thought it might put a few quid back in your pocket and help out another member at the same time - sorry mate i only ride em , dont fix em !! im sure someone like monster matt or sparkystav who know all things techy will be along to advise you soon enough

fair point mate there will be an excellent low mileage auto box forsale soon i will pm him when the time comes just trying to sort this out at the moment

From previous experience with other vehicle's the only main difference should be the Fly-wheel.

The Auto fly_wheel will have a torque converter bolted to it instead of a pressure & Clutch-plate.

Should be able to swap over the Flywheels.

The end of the Crank-shaft will have a recess in the centre where the Fly-wheel bolts on ( manual trans) inside which may have a needle bearing,

So I would expect the Auto-trans to have the same recess without the needle bearing fitted

I don't think that it would make sense for Toyota to manufacture two different Cranks, for the same engine,

Should just be a matter of fitting a new needle bearing set into the recess.

Though I have never done this particular swap on this model, I have done on others.

Hope this helps.

Some-one else out there may have a little more info and be able to confirm this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links