Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct200H - First Reviews Out Now

JFB2

Thought folks might be interested to read some of the first reviews of Lexus's new 1-series rival.

Unfortunately they're not good - neither Autocar nor Top Gear have a nice thing to say about it.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Lexus-CT-200h/253056/

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/top-gear-drives-the-lexus-ct200h

Slow, bumpy and numb to drive. Plus expected to be expensive.

I hope this is just German-car bias from these publications, as I was hoping the CT200h (silly name I know) was going to be our next run-about.

It won't be if it's got a choppy ride. The roads round here simply won't allow for a hard ride... Anyone from LOC actually driven one of these yet?

Justin

Have the dealers got these now then? Might be worth taking one out for a spin :)

According to my dealer they are not expecting to get even a demo before next year. The showroom has a lovely (cardboard?) model, which is actually just a side view. Might be hard to assess it on a test drive from this though!

I'm afraid the old dinosaur car mags, still living in the petrol head era, are going to have to come to terms with the new century at some time. Rather like those in another part of this board who glorified the LF-A or whatever it was called!

It does sound as though the ride may need tweaking, but they could have had it on 'sports', and in any case it will have been a very early car.

I'm afraid the old dinosaur car mags, still living in the petrol head era, are going to have to come to terms with the new century at some time. Rather like those in another part of this board who glorified the LF-A or whatever it was called!

It does sound as though the ride may need tweaking, but they could have had it on 'sports', and in any case it will have been a very early car.

I hope it is just pre-delivery glitches. Why do Lexus hand these cars out when they're not performing at their best? Undermines the brand in my opinion.

Will definitely be taking one out in the spring when they arrive in the showrooms. Have to say, the cardboard cut-out thing is a bit pathetic. They're obviously desperate to pull people in. Dealership was like a ghost town when I had my IS serviced last month!

I hope it is just pre-delivery glitches. Why do Lexus hand these cars out when they're not performing at their best? Undermines the brand in my opinion.

Will definitely be taking one out in the spring when they arrive in the showrooms. Have to say, the cardboard cut-out thing is a bit pathetic. They're obviously desperate to pull people in. Dealership was like a ghost town when I had my IS serviced last month!

It may well be because of the 'sporty' image they're trying to capture in the US market. Don't forget the IS was aimed at the rich college kid group over there. I think the Lexus market is somewhat different over here.

If the price quoted in the first review for the SE-I is correct (Price: £26,996) then it's sadly overpriced. For that you can get a better equipped, bigger and faster IS250 SE-I :duh:

It may well be because of the 'sporty' image they're trying to capture in the US market. Don't forget the IS was aimed at the rich college kid group over there. I think the Lexus market is somewhat different over here.

I doubt it as the CT200h was never originally destined for the US (they have the HS250h already) but it was due to some strong campaigning that Lexus decided to take it there as well.

If the price quoted in the first review for the SE-I is correct (Price: £26,996) then it's sadly overpriced. For that you can get a better equipped, bigger and faster IS250 SE-I :duh:

That doesn't seem right does it, my dealer said it would cost more than a Prius and less than an IS, so the SE-I which appears to be the base model should probably be low 20s, with 27-28k being the top of the range - any more than that would be slightly insane :blink:

You have to get the top of the range SE-I Premium to even get cruise control so 27-28k would seem high even for that.

Really? I actually expect the SE-L Premier to be about £28k - it's the fully loaded version so will always overlap the cost of a lower spec IS.

if you consider that the Toyota dealership I work for over sells it's allocation of Auris HSD's, which at the top end are the thick end of 22k without any extra's, then £27k for a Lexus probably isn't too far out - personally I'd pay another £5k.

You also have to remember they are aiming these at the company car market - when it's only 10% bik and an SE-L IS250 is 30% it equates to over £7k per year difference in BIK value - £234 vs £84 per month fully fuelled and higher rate tax. Even a standard BMW 118 SE Auto Oil burner is about £210 per month. Plus when you consider all the diesel cars are going to start getting hit hard (ie taxed) on NOx output (and don't forget all the DPF problems that will cause) it's another lean towards Hybrid.

It's going to be a way of Lexus increasing it's market share.

my only problem with it is that it looks too much like the Auris lol!

What Car review is the same as the others too. Nice inside, not great outside and poor ride/brakes/steering. They did state however that Lexus are looking to improve the ride before the first vehicles are being delivered.

Starting price seems to be £23k for the SE-I. Lexus UK have a finance offer for that model

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus-services/finance-insurance/finance/promotions/ct-200h-sei-contract-purchase-offer.aspx

No other confirmed prices yet but the SE-L Premier looks like it will be close to £30k with the optional adaptive cruise control.

What Car review is the same as the others too. Nice inside, not great outside and poor ride/brakes/steering. They did state however that Lexus are looking to improve the ride before the first vehicles are being delivered.

Starting price seems to be £23k for the SE-I. Lexus UK have a finance offer for that model

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus-services/finance-insurance/finance/promotions/ct-200h-sei-contract-purchase-offer.aspx

No other confirmed prices yet but the SE-L Premier looks like it will be close to £30k with the optional adaptive cruise control.

My dealer showed me the Swedish prices yesterday. See this thread.

• 2 months later...