Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought An Ls430 And Need Some Advice

Hi Guys

I have just bought a LS430 Premium Pack yesterday and I am condidering an LPG conversion. If any of you have had it done please let me know your thoughts on it.

I have seen a thread here on the marelli system and just wanted to know if that is any good. The installer near me uses Zavolli, is that any good.

I am based in the Midlands

Any advice is appreciated

Regards

Ifty

Hi Ifty

Try these http://www.professautogas.co.uk/index.html they did my LS400 and couldnt be happier.

I have run LPG cars for the last 14 years and only once was I let down when a Solinoid decided to retire cost to replace £40.

These guys are amazing I didnt belive they could do the job in a day but they did.

They also lent me a car with a full tank of LPG free to enjoy the sites of South Wales for the day.

I am not a friend or a relative of them but do believe in giving people a pat on the back when its deserved.

Good luck Mike

Hi. Zavoli are a top brand if not the leaders in LPG. I had a Zav kit on my old Pug 406 and it was great. To be truthful I dont think there is much of a diff in quality between the manufactures. Most systems are Italian. I think Stag is Dutch tho. The Pols in South Wales have a solid reputation. I called a while back and spoke with a bloke called Andy. During our chat I made him repeat the price 5 or 6 times just to make sure there was no language misunderstanding. There wasnt. Here in the London yr looking at ££$$ 2,200k + for a conv on an 8 cyl.

LPG conv is a great investment and well spent money IMHO. I'd rather pay up front than have the pain of paying for petrol at ever increasing prices. You will also sell you car easier with gas conv. on it too.

PS. Dont forget to buy the gun converters if yr off to Europe!!!! ... or youll be proper stuffed :tomato:

Happy gassin

Snaps

Thanks guys for the quick replies.

I have contacted a few installers for a quote including the ones up north which Pete kindly passed on to you.

I willkeep you guys informed as to how I progress.

So far I have don 845 miles in six days and parted with approx 186 quid in fuel with just under half tank left.

Regards

Ifty

In terms of LPG, all I can say is don't. I was considering having mine done. I contacted five different companies, who all told me five different things with all the advice differing from one company to another. I have heard of LS430 owners having no problems at all and other owners who's cars were plagued with problems after having an LPG system fitted. If you want economy, and I really hate saying this, BMW730d, Audi A8 3.0tdi or Mercedes S320CDI.

I expected fuel consumption but not this much. I have a Mercedes S320CDI which has nearly 200k miles of which I have done 120k.. I love the drive on the LS430 and may convert it if I get a reputable installer. I bought the LS430 ever since it came out but had my IS200. I bought the S320 and loved driving it. My brother bought his GS430 sport and I drove it. After that drive I had to buy the LS430 and here I am 2 months down the road. My brother now wants to sell his GS430 Sport and buy an LS430.

LPG or no LPG I am driving this car no matter what the cost.

I expected fuel consumption but not this much. I have a Mercedes S320CDI which has nearly 200k miles of which I have done 120k.. I love the drive on the LS430 and may convert it if I get a reputable installer. I bought the LS430 ever since it came out but had my IS200. I bought the S320 and loved driving it. My brother bought his GS430 sport and I drove it. After that drive I had to buy the LS430 and here I am 2 months down the road. My brother now wants to sell his GS430 Sport and buy an LS430.

LPG or no LPG I am driving this car no matter what the cost.

Dont be put off by what this guy has said.

I dont know of anyone who has had a problem with any car that has been converted by Profess.

I know of one guy who had his Merc concerted and because of a problem they had with an installation engineer falling ill meant they couldnt finish his car so they booked him into a nice hotel for the night which they paid for and still with his free car, they finished at noon and dispite the elongated installation time he was very happy.

I am paying 54p a litre at the moment and theres a big smile on my face everytime I fill up.

Hi ive done 20k on my BRC conversion & it hasn't missed a beat, My engine is the same as yours, my mate in Liverpool had his 430 converted in preston for £1300 Italian kit, the company advertises on eBay, he stressed to them to take their time & do it properly & apart From intalling the valve upside down in the tank, they did a fairly neat job.His last ls400, he fitted a single point system on himself at 95k & just sold it with 220k on it with no problems. Some jap engines suffer on lpg but not the LS range.

Go on the lpg forum & find a good installer in your area you wont regret it. My Ls 400 is cheaper to run than my Mothers 1.6 corrola auto.What more can I say :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have just bought a LS430 Premium Pack yesterday and I am condidering an LPG conversion. If any of you have had it done please let me know your thoughts on it.

I have seen a thread here on the marelli system and just wanted to know if that is any good. The installer near me uses Zavolli, is that any good.

Regards

Ifty

I installed a Vialle LPI two years ago. Well, the installer in the Netherlands is far away but I would do it again. This injection system is simply the best. To be honest, mine is two LPI as there was none for 8 cylinder but I think meanwhile there is one.

I noticed that Prins VSI systems make owners happy.

Hi Guys

Regards

Ifty

Whatever you do you "MUST" use one of these fitters http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/ on this site or you may have a big problem finding an insurance company that'll insure you. I'm with Groupama and they kicked up one hell of a stink .... read on

You MUST ALSO TELL YOUR INSURANCE THAT YOU HAVE A SYSTEM FITTED AS THIS IS A MODIFICATION. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS YOUR INSURANCE MAY USE THIS AS A COP OUT FOR NOT PAYING YOU OR ANY DAMAGE YOU MIGHT CAUSE. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT ASKED THIS WHEN TAKING THE policy. THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE.

I wrote my 400 off a few weeks ago and my insurance gave this a go. I told them to get stuffed as I had a new safety certificate on the car and argued that as long as I had a valid "MOT" on the system and as I am not directed to any specific MOT testing station neither should I be directed to a specific fitter. After a real time very angry argument they gave in and said they would pay out..... After this very heated discussion with the underwriter I got another phone call telling me much to my surprise that my car reg WAS on that site. WoW I never knew.

So watch your back and do it right. I'll be the best money you'll ever spend and as the 430 loves a drink you'll get your money back quicker. I don't know of any system that is bad. I've had Zavoli's on both my cars over 5 years and it's worked well -

On closing it seems that the insurance companies seem to use this website. I hate this way of working because imo it restricts competition which I hate. Also these companies have little self knowledge of how this stuff works and in blissfull ignorance, right or wrong they cop out and use this site above and if you ever have the chance of talking to your insurance about this i promice you you will understand the level of total ignorance I am trying to convey.

Snaps

Delighted to see this thread on here. I've just bought an LS430 and it's booked in to ProfesGas in South Wales on 5 Nov. Fitted in a day and only costs 1300 quid.... bargain!!

I've had LPG on both of my Scorpios for the past 7 years or so. Absolutely delighted with it and saw some real savings while enjoying no power loss. I fitted the systems myself and had them certified by an installer and never had any issues with insurance when I told them I'd converted the cars. You will find that some insurers on the comparison websites won't quote because they don't allow any modifications to the engine but there are enough who do that you can always get a competitive price.

Once the system is fitted, I'll come back and update you on my experience.

TC

Delighted to see this thread on here. I've just bought an LS430 and it's booked in to ProfesGas in South Wales on 5 Nov. Fitted in a day and only costs 1300 quid.... bargain!!

I've had LPG on both of my Scorpios for the past 7 years or so. Absolutely delighted with it and saw some real savings while enjoying no power loss. I fitted the systems myself and had them certified by an installer and never had any issues with insurance when I told them I'd converted the cars. You will find that some insurers on the comparison websites won't quote because they don't allow any modifications to the engine but there are enough who do that you can always get a competitive price.

TC

hi. I've heard both good and bad about those blokes. Ask if you get a flashlube kit fitted for your £1300

Perhaps you could do me a favor. when the job is done, nip under the car with your camera and take some detailed pictures of the job. I'd really like to see their finished product. Thanks.

Snaps

TC

hi. I've heard both good and bad about those blokes. Ask if you get a flashlube kit fitted for your £1300

Perhaps you could do me a favor. when the job is done, nip under the car with your camera and take some detailed pictures of the job. I'd really like to see their finished product. Thanks.

Snaps

I Will gladly pop some pics of my LS400 converted to lpg by Profess Gas tomorrow.

Regards Mike

TC

Snaps

I Will gladly pop some pics of my LS400 converted to lpg by Profess Gas tomorrow.

Regards Mike

Will have to be tomorrow now, promise. Not enough hours in the day.

Mike

TC

Snaps

Regards Mike

Mike

Here we go as promised Well I am stopped in my tracks as I dont seem to be able to upload pictures to the site.

What a shame.

Mike

TC

Snaps

Regards Mike

Mike

Here we go as promised Well I am stopped in my tracks as I dont seem to be able to upload pictures to the site.

What a shame.

Mike

I dunno how to do post pictures into the site either. It's a secret known to only to a lucky few who gaurd it for coming generations of Lexi owners! :blink:

Snaps

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Guys I have taken the plunge and booked my LS430 for LPG conversion. It gets converted on Monday with the OMVL system. It is being done in Birmingham opposite star city and the guy converting it also drives a LS430 which he converted himself.

He tells me that round town he gets about 180 miles and motorway 220 plus. He has seen 248 aswell.

I will keep you guys informed.

Drive safe in these awful weather conditions.

Ifty

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links