Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Folding Wing Mirrors Info Please

hi guys,

now that we are starting to work our way to the cold icy possably snowy time of year,

can you use the folding mirrors when its icey/snowy or could the ice stop them from working and burn out the motors in the mirrors ????

or as they are heated in with the rear window dose this defrost the motors as well as the glass????

could be a silly thing to ask but would reather know what you guys do when its icey ect,

than get up to go to work and i cant because i can not get them to open.

many thanks.

Mine fold on lock and open on start so get used more than some maybe, but they were absolutely fine through the last winter when they were covered in snow for ages :)

Good evening Parthiban

Did you do the mod on your mirrors to fold in on lock etc, or was it already done when you got the car.

I can only assume that the cables for the switch have been re-routed to the ignition switch.

Regards

Nick

Mine fold on lock and open on start so get used more than some maybe, but they were absolutely fine through the last winter when they were covered in snow for ages :)

Good evening Parthiban

Did you do the mod on your mirrors to fold in on lock etc, or was it already done when you got the car.

I can only assume that the cables for the switch have been re-routed to the ignition switch.

Regards

Nick

If you search the forum theres a guide to creating your own folding mirrors circuit.

you need a timer circuit and some wiring, its fairly simple

Good evening Parthiban

Regards

Nick

If you search the forum theres a guide to creating your own folding mirrors circuit.

you need a timer circuit and some wiring, its fairly simple

Thanks Stav.

I will search and see if I can come across it

Nick

Good evening Parthiban

Regards

Nick

the other way to do that is get an aftermarket alarm fitted and have the windows going up when you lock it,, they use the same module for the side mirrors,, i had it done on my integra and it was well cool,, they also use to fold back out when you unlock the car..

The trouble with using an alarm to fold them in and out is that if you have anti-hijack functionality, which locks your car say 2 mins after ignition, then the mirrors fold in whilst you're driving.

There may be a way to wire around that but have read posts on other forums from people thinking it was a great idea at the time but instead of having to fold them in manually on locking, they instead had to unfold them manually whilst driving.

Just consider it before wiring it all in is my advice.

Edit: just read FLEXA's post again and if its coming off a total closure module then it wouldn't have that problem. But I've just had an alarm fitted on my Tezza and the guy said total closure would set me back £140 because he'd have to wire each window seperately. But, it would work!