Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All,

I just purchased by first LS430 two weeks ago from my local Lexus dealership. The car is excellent and the service guys at Guildford have been superb, I can see why everyone here loves the cars and the service so much.

My only gripe with the car is there is a bit of tyre roar when I drive on the motorway (60-70mph). I have Dunlop tyres front and back, are these the correct type for the car?

Previously I have had a 7 series and a XJS and which were pin quiet. The Jag was very pretty and the beamer a great drive, but definately not what I would call reliable. I brought the LS for its reliablity and would like to get the relationship off to a good start. Any suggestion on the tyres would be great.

Chris L

Hi Chris,

Welcome to LOC. Dunlop, along with all major brands are OK for all LS models. Excessive tyre noise probably more a fault of the road than the car. Take a drive on the resurfaced part of the M25 by Heathrow (clockwise), thats what all roads should be like.

Ditto to your comments re Guildford, great service.

Enjoy your new 'baby'

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I just purchased by first LS430 two weeks ago from my local Lexus dealership. The car is excellent and the service guys at Guildford have been superb, I can see why everyone here loves the cars and the service so much.

My only gripe with the car is there is a bit of tyre roar when I drive on the motorway (60-70mph). I have Dunlop tyres front and back, are these the correct type for the car?

Previously I have had a 7 series and a XJS and which were pin quiet. The Jag was very pretty and the beamer a great drive, but definately not what I would call reliable. I brought the LS for its reliablity and would like to get the relationship off to a good start. Any suggestion on the tyres would be great.

Chris L

Any tyre details available? Made in Japan or not there (believe it or not, it makes a difference). Do you have air suspension and compare with leaf spring cars? The LS engine is unfortunately not loud enough, that's why you hear the tyres:)

There are new quiet but costly Michelins. However, it is time for winter shoes.

As you can see, I also have a 430.

I also had Dunlop tyres on it.

I have had them changed for a set of Michelins, for the simple reason that the car was literally frightening to drive in the snow.

The back end would step out at any speed, the front end had little grip, even in the wet, it wasnt much fun travelling down the road at 30 in a convoy, suddenly to find that the car was suddenly heading for the cars coming the other way even tough you had not touched the brakes or pressed the throttle any harder.

Honestly the best advice anybody could give to you now is to change these things as soon as possible.

My mate runs a taxi firm and when he went to pick up his brand new Ford Galaxy, he refused it until the Dunlops were changed for something else.

Even the tyre fitter said that though the Dunlops still had a lot of wear on them, it was well worth spending the money on a set of Michelins just to get rid of the Dunlops.

The Michelins are maybe a little quieter than the Dunlops, but I didnt think that they were that noisy in the first place, I put it down to the lousy UK roads rather than the car/tyres.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links