Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

IMy IS 250 is 3.5 years old and has been pretty much faultless. And I love it.

About 3 weeks ago the sat nav / radio etc started to go off for a second or so at a time. Then it would come back on for a few minutes and then go off again. Over the next hour (I was on a lengthy drive), the breaks got more frequent and longer until eventually the whole thing went blank. I could get no response. Then after a while it came up with the message "CHECK THE SYSTEM". I called the dealer the next day and booked it in for them to have a look at it. Then, in the middle of a journey the following day it came back to life and all seemed fine. It worked with no problems so I cancelled the visit to the dealer.

Yesterday (3 weeks later) it happened again. Same pattern, same result. Essentially, in the breaks between the hiccups everything works (CD, Radio, controls for HRW etc) - except the Sat Nav display. The dealer had a look at it today and announced that to repair it would cost me .... no less tha £2,700 - and that was with a £1,000 "exchange" of the old unit. It seems unbelievable to me that they change the whole lot - when presumably most of the components (CD changer, Radio etc) are okay.

So, has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the result? And any advice would be very welcome.

Believe it or not I was about to put a deposit down on a Hybrid - not any longer!! Spent the afternoon looking at other manufacturers websites.

See my very recent post concerning my CD player. It may well be that the wiring loom is failing. In my case the garage moved the wiring loom whilst it was connected to the amplifier and got intermittent sound problems. If this is your problem it will, I am sure, be a lot cheaper to fix than changing any hardware. Ask for Martin in Service ( Lexus Wolverhampton ) He may well be able to advise you. LEXUS KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND IT IS LOGGED ON THEIR SYSTEM FOR RECORDING INFREQUENT ISSUES.

Hi all

IMy IS 250 is 3.5 years old and has been pretty much faultless. And I love it.

About 3 weeks ago the sat nav / radio etc started to go off for a second or so at a time. Then it would come back on for a few minutes and then go off again. Over the next hour (I was on a lengthy drive), the breaks got more frequent and longer until eventually the whole thing went blank. I could get no response. Then after a while it came up with the message "CHECK THE SYSTEM". I called the dealer the next day and booked it in for them to have a look at it. Then, in the middle of a journey the following day it came back to life and all seemed fine. It worked with no problems so I cancelled the visit to the dealer.

Yesterday (3 weeks later) it happened again. Same pattern, same result. Essentially, in the breaks between the hiccups everything works (CD, Radio, controls for HRW etc) - except the Sat Nav display. The dealer had a look at it today and announced that to repair it would cost me .... no less tha £2,700 - and that was with a £1,000 "exchange" of the old unit. It seems unbelievable to me that they change the whole lot - when presumably most of the components (CD changer, Radio etc) are okay.

So, has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the result? And any advice would be very welcome.

Believe it or not I was about to put a deposit down on a Hybrid - not any longer!! Spent the afternoon looking at other manufacturers websites.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links