Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Laser Alignment Near Southeast....

Hi need my car aligned as it's pretty out since I've done my coilovers and fitted my wheels...

I've shreadded my two fronts already... Any companies you can recomend for low friendly cars???

Cheers

Only place to go, especially if you're low............... http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

Hi need my car aligned as it's pretty out since I've done my coilovers and fitted my wheels...

I've shreadded my two fronts already... Any companies you can recomend for low friendly cars???

Cheers

IS200/300 is acknowledged fussy about geometry. It takes not just accurate equipment and skill to set it up properly, but experience - it is much easier to make matters worse rather than better. There are not mountains of IS200s about so the experience and skills needed are concentrated in experts for this model. WIM have a fine reputation and are not just going to tweak it up ignoring worn linkages/bushes etc. Everybody recommends WIM and it has to be for good reason; so it must be worth a biggish journey for something you won't have to repeat for a long time - if at all.

yeah im sure there the top guys... but im doing a cheap thing... and iv saw there price list and it was like 200+ i think which i imagined it would be and then the fuel... so i searched some more and im now getting it done allot closer to me.. and for 50 quid... i know it might not work out well but im willing to gamble the money but if not well at least ill know.. thanks for the replys also.. cheers

Cheers

IS200/300 is acknowledged fussy about geometry. It takes not just accurate equipment and skill to set it up properly, but experience - it is much easier to make matters worse rather than better. There are not mountains of IS200s about so the experience and skills needed are concentrated in experts for this model. WIM have a fine reputation and are not just going to tweak it up ignoring worn linkages/bushes etc. Everybody recommends WIM and it has to be for good reason; so it must be worth a biggish journey for something you won't have to repeat for a long time - if at all.

The IS200 has a problem from the factory with inner tyre wear that lexus refuse to admit,

tony has fixed this but knows the geometry and can set up all cars, even yours with the stretched tyres

PM him and he'll explain all

cool sounds good but ive also read just now on another thread that this guy had the same problem but on a standard car and he took it to him and still the same thing happened???

this link

http://www.lexusowne...showtopic=69481

cheers

I'm not sure why you think a common problem with a proven solution on the first generation IS series can be compared with a one off problem on an RX300, a completely different vehicle.

Speak with Tony about your cars set up and he will be able to provide you the best settings for you and you can buy your geo from his wensite and have the work carried out at any of the national centres that now come under WIM across the country :winky:

cool sounds good but ive also read just now on another thread that this guy had the same problem but on a standard car and he took it to him and still the same thing happened???

this link

cheers

I'm not sure why you think a common problem with a proven solution on the first generation IS series can be compared with a one off problem on an RX300, a completely different vehicle.

Not really I was only pointing out the fact that someone had been to this place that's being recommended and not getting the results he hoped for.. ;)

this link

cheers

Not really I was only pointing out the fact that someone had been to this place that's being recommended and not getting the results he hoped for.. ;)

It's not a perfect world, if the owner's not happy "tell us" and we would deal with it.

Your car will need a custom set-up due to the mods, stock settings will handle pants.

Not really I was only pointing out the fact that someone had been to this place that's being recommended and not getting the results he hoped for.. wink.gif

I can only speak from my own experience, and on both my IS200 Sport and IS250 SE-L the results speak for themselves in the handling and even tyre wear. The IS200 had the inner tyre wear problem that Lexus Bristol were unable to correct. Fortunately the 250 doesn't suffer from the same problem, but WIM set the geometry to the optimum settings within the tolerances I obtained from Lexus to stop the tramlining I experienced with the original set-up as supplied new from Lexus.

There are Lexus dealerships that use the WIM settings to correct the inner tyre wear problem and I know Tony has supplied his settings to quite a few IS300 owners in the USA to fix the same problem with the OEM settings.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links