Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mesh And Spoiler

Tropicana

Hi

I've just posted my first post in the 'new members' thread. Sorry if this question is a bit silly -i'm not very techno (Car nor IT).

Had a look on a few threads and have seen that users have taken thier original grill's off and replaced them with a black mesh looking grill, with a small badge in the corner. I think this looks blimmin brilliant and desperately want this for my 2001 Sapphire Blue IS200. Which I have just brought. Where do I get this from?

Also, want rid of my original lexus spoiler and want to get a lip spoiler instead. Where can I get this from?

I work in the public sector and the chance are that in 3 weeks I may be made redundant! So want to do these modifications asap. Possibly on a smaller than usual budget.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the little logo on the right of the grille is a little custom thing, I think there was only 2 of us here that have done it

the grille is available from the dealer as mentioned in reply to you on my other thread, but the main badge that comes with the grille is left off and the little badge in the corner is just taken off a centre cap

is it this type u want?

this one comes with or without brake light depending on if you have the brake light in your rear window

Sport Lip

Thanks! Yes thats the one. Is this the same as this one I have seen on eBay, or are thier different types? Thanks for your help.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320589072485&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

no the one on eBay is an aftermarket one, not as big, theres a genuine tte one on eBay at £80 start price, which isn't bad, not quite the same as the sport one I linked above tho

TTE Spoiler

the sport one I linked was never sold on its own from what I gather, it was on the boot from the factory, easiest way to get these is to swap the complete bootlid with someone else, as to remove the spoiler on its own often leads to snapping them

no the one on ebay is an aftermarket one, not as big, theres a genuine tte one on ebay at £80 start price, which isn't bad, not quite the same as the sport one I linked above tho

TTE Spoiler

the sport one I linked was never sold on its own from what I gather, it was on the boot from the factory, easiest way to get these is to swap the complete bootlid with someone else, as to remove the spoiler on its own often leads to snapping them

How would I go about swapping boot as that would be ideal. I was intending on removing my existing spoiler. Going to a garage and respraying the entire boot and filling the holes. and then fitting in a lip spoiler. Swapping would make life much easier. I have currently got one of those spoilers on the boot which is raised by about 2 inches. Its original lexus and was brought (previous owner) for over £400. My lexus is blue. Not sure what exact blue.

no the one on ebay is an aftermarket one, not as big, theres a genuine tte one on ebay at £80 start price, which isn't bad, not quite the same as the sport one I linked above tho

TTE Spoiler

How would I go about swapping boot as that would be ideal. I was intending on removing my existing spoiler. Going to a garage and respraying the entire boot and filling the holes. and then fitting in a lip spoiler. Swapping would make life much easier. I have currently got one of those spoilers on the boot which is raised by about 2 inches. Its original lexus and was brought (previous owner) for over £400. My lexus is blue. Not sure what exact blue.

My work security settings dont let me add photos via the attachment link above. So I have gone to my profile and changed my Avatar with a pic of me car spoiler.

tbh i've always liked the raised one too and I only have the lip one, but mines red so i'm not swappin either, I don't know how easy it is to swap them over, altho swapping the locks is a little fiddley

tbh i've always liked the raised one too and I only have the lip one, but mines red so i'm not swappin either, I don't know how easy it is to swap them over, altho swapping the locks is a little fiddley

Thats one thing I never took into consideration - the locks lol.

Damn you Lexus, why didn't you use a universal mounting point for all the spoilers

Such a shame you dont have a black Lex. I'm looking to swap my boot + lip spoiler for a boot + full spoiler

Would it just be too uneconomical to swap boots and then get them resprayed?

its just easier and much cheaper to find someone with the same colour, tbh there will be someone about somewhere with a blue boot and lip who wouldn't mind swapping

Such a shame you dont have a black Lex. I'm looking to swap my boot + lip spoiler for a boot + full spoiler

its just easier and much cheaper to find someone with the same colour, tbh there will be someone about somewhere with a blue boot and lip who wouldn't mind swapping

Very true. Ignore me.

Very true. Ignore me.

Also, my Lexus standard ariel on top of the car seems to stick out a good 30cm, making it look like a remote control car, anything on the market a bit more sleek?

Also, my Lexus standard ariel on top of the car seems to stick out a good 30cm, making it look like a remote control car, anything on the market a bit more sleek?

Yeah there's loads of options. Most on eBay again or eBay USA. I got mine from Prolex though - Tom's Carbon Fiber one...£60 (don't tell my Mrs!)

Yeah there's loads of options. Most on eBay again or eBay USA. I got mine from Prolex though - Tom's Carbon Fiber one...£60 (don't tell my Mrs!)

Fantastic.... Thanks.

you might find Daves posts here useful if you find a spoiler without a boot attached to it :lol:

Here & here

Thanks.

I think I will just go with removing my (existing) spoiler from the boot. I've whaked it on eBay. This will leave me with a roughed up boot with no spoiler. I will get the boot repainted and then put one of these on it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Painted-Lexus-IS200-IS300-Rear-Boot-Lip-Spoiler-98-05-/270644628862?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f03ad4d7e

I know they not the sports version, but I'm staring redundancy in the face so will have to settle for the cheaper version.

Any other ideas? Or should I go with this. Swapping would have been the most economically-friendly way!

you might find Daves posts here useful if you find a spoiler without a boot attached to it :lol:

Here & here

Thanks.

I think I will just go with removing my (existing) spoiler from the boot. I've whaked it on eBay. This will leave me with a roughed up boot with no spoiler. I will get the boot repainted and then put one of these on it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Painted-Lexus-IS200-IS300-Rear-Boot-Lip-Spoiler-98-05-/270644628862?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f03ad4d7e

I know they not the sports version, but I'm staring redundancy in the face so will have to settle for the cheaper version.

Any other ideas? Or should I go with this. Swapping would have been the most economically-friendly way!

You could send an email to a few scappies asking if they've got a plain boot with no spoiler in your colour? Then just buy a fiberglass spoiler cheap off eBay, get it sprayed for £30-40 and fit it urself?

At least that's the way I'm heading as swapsies are very rare.

Here & here

Thanks.

You could send an email to a few scappies asking if they've got a plain boot with no spoiler in your colour? Then just buy a fiberglass spoiler cheap off eBay, get it sprayed for £30-40 and fit it urself?

At least that's the way I'm heading as swapsies are very rare.

My posts continue. I will post pics of my recession lexus once it is in slightly better shape.

Anyway, what aerial do you guys advise on getting for roughly a tenner? Here are the ones I have ebayed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220644229426&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310226354627&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks for that, funnily enough I had already contacted him to find out the condition of the boot.

I ordered a black grille a few days back and an aerial yesterday, so waiting for that to come through. Got standard 17" alloys too which have been fitted (the car originally came with 16" yuk ones). With the exception of the spoiler, car should look somewhat different by this weekend. Will post some pictures.

Great thing was, i found instructions on the forum on how to do a DIY grille change... Brilliant, saves me a bit of money!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links