Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headunit Stereo

If its just the CD player functionality you've lost then I'd highly recommend going with jay_russell's suggestion of a GROM unit. Changing over the Lexus headunit is a bit of a PITA as you need a harness to bypass the integrated amplifier and will more than likely need new rear speakers (as the Lexus ones don't work well with aftermarket headunits).

Not to mention that the readily available headunit mounting kits are tacky as hell, and to get a decent mounting kit you're looking at about £80+

Hi All,

Got the error 3 on my radio.. think it is time to move into 20 century into the land of ipod...

anyone recommend any decent headunit that look half decent in the is200?

Cheers

Stevie

Perhaps 21st century? Go for GROM. The skills needed to repair the OEM unit just don't exist any more except at huge cost - they don't exist for most consumer electronics. It saves fitting something else which might work well after a load of work; but looks horrible/out-of-place in the IS200 where it is positioned right in your face.

I had a PArrot MK9100 fitted, twas £300 but is fabulous, i leave my old ipod in the car loaded with 16gb so never stuck for tunes. Also damn good hands free unit and install was excellent, Beaver Car audio in Glasgow. Lets you keep the original radio and head unit, which frankly sound great. An option

The Grom ( http://www.carputer-shop.co.uk/ipod-iphone-kits-c-1/ipod-iphone-adapter-toyota-lexus-p-31 ) is defo the best option if you'd like to keep the standard head unit. But if you want to upgrade then its Alpine everytime for me, can't see past them for sound quality and build quality. And rest assured it will sound far better than your standard headunit.

Yeah that should be 21st century.... like the sound of the GROM... how easy are they to fit..total novice when it comes to this ?

thanks for all the suggestions, The GROM seems the cheapest and simple idea

If you can undo a few screws and plug something in, then you can install the Grom tbh. Only thing you need to be careful of is when you remove the headunit, make sure the area around it is covered in masking tape so you don't get any scratches on your dash area.

I'd never pulled anything apart on a car before and managed to get it installed + hidden away in about 30 mins.

• 2 months later...

I bought this on eBay about 3 years ago when my radio amp fried and I have to get a single DIN fitting radio.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Lexus-200-200-Car-CD-Radio-Fascia-Surround-Panel-/270639220846?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item3f035ac86e

The quality isn't to the highest, but it does the trick and easy enough to install.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links