Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Disc Alternatives

Lexus-IS

A front set of Lexus brake discs cost £152 and they seem to wear down too quickly. For that sort of wear rate, does anyone know if there is anything cheaper out there? EuroCarParts do a Pagid brand which is cheaper and they claim that Pagid has a strong history and earned its reputation with vehicle manufacturers like VW Group, DaimlerChrysler, Opel/Saab and Porsche. Anyone have any experience with non-OEM discs?

There are some drilled ones on eBay aswell. Are they any good? will they work with original lexus pads or will i need a special type of pad?

• 3 weeks later...

Having read many threads on this very subject, seems the front pads are much too hard for the discs, hence the quick wear rate.

I would suggest anyone facing the same problems to go for after market kit, use softer pads to avoid disc wear, Eurocar Parts will be able to help.

My IS250 Auto will be due the third year service in January 11, 23.000 miles at present, will wait and see what Lexus Newcastle says at the time.

I'm sure I've read that with modern brakes it's not unusual for discs to last a similar amount of time as pads - is there any truth in that?

Not sure I'd want to compromise braking performance though for a few quid - either upgrade brakes, or stick to what you know works well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the 40,000 service on my IS 250 Auto, new front disks fitted ( first time ) new pads all round, all filters and fluids changed and MOT, all for just under £600. Quite happy with that , any comments ? :shifty:

Just had the 40,000 service on my IS 250 Auto, new front disks fitted ( first time ) new pads all round, all filters and fluids changed and MOT, all for just under £600. Quite happy with that , any comments ? :shifty:

Was the work carried out by Lexus? If so, that's a bargain price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links