Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels

GreenKnight

Hi,

My IS200 Sport wheels are shagged and I am out of warranty doh! :oops:

Toyota wheels are so shi!te look at a Celica and they have the same problem.

Question is what wheels do people recommend as a replacement and where can I get them from my wheels really let the car down.

Thanks

GK.

1st question is .. how old is your car....

2nd question have you done a search on alloys?? I just have done, and it returned 15 pages of results! The results are here

3rd question, what wheels do you want?

You can get any alloy that you like, but the o/s is 45 (although OZ with o/s of 40 work fine). Their is a wheel size guide pinned in the IS200 section of the forum.

Hi,

The car is V reg Nov 99, I have had an argument with Lexus Customer Services who tell me the extended warranty is not on the tyres but only on the Stereo.

They have offered to pay half of the cost of refurbished ones, which is nice of them until you get the price fitted.

£399 they are taking the p!ss.

So do I have refurbished ones, which lets face it will be just as bad as the old ones after a short period of time ot do I replace the wheels with non Lexus ones?

I want wheels that look kewl and will not b_gger up in 6 months like the Lexus ones.

Thanks for the search and advice.

-GK

www.performancealloys.com for a start....

do a search on google. loads of wheels out there, or get a car magazine - loads of adverts. just check the pinned notices for wheel specs...

KV

Hi,

The car is V reg Nov 99, I have had an argument with Lexus Customer Services who tell me the extended warranty is not on the tyres but only on the Stereo.

They have offered to pay half of the cost of refurbished ones, which is nice of them until you get the price fitted.

£399 they are taking the p!ss.

So do I have refurbished ones, which lets face it will be just as bad as the old ones after a short period of time ot do I replace the wheels with non Lexus ones?

I want wheels that look kewl and will not b_gger up in 6 months like the Lexus ones.

Thanks for the search and advice.

-GK

get a firm to refurbish them yourself

for about half the price :ohmy:

Or you could always go along to a meet and see the wheels of other members ........... and fall in lust, just like I did :blush:

They always look better in the flesh, so to speak, than they do online or in a magazine (.. the wheels, I mean !!! )

Try a different lexus dealer and you might get them replaced under warranty - I'm sure someone has had them replaced after 3 years. I think this sort of thing is at the discretion of the dealer though.

• 1 month later...
If you join Gold membership where do you get discounted wheels from? lexus dealers or designated online stores?

A HUGe variety of places to be honest - Delaerships offer discounts on Parts, Labour and Servicing, we have dozens of Car related discount places and even Non-Car related discounts (like holidays and day outs) - but best of all mate..........

..........wait for it...........

...........you'll feel great beacuse..............

........YOU ARE HELPING THE CLUB!!!!!

:D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links